cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

This one says it all.

Does Trump Love Tariffs More Than He Loves the Bible? http://va.topbuzz.com/s/NSMRNw

20 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: This one says it all.

I noticed that story here too.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/u-s-bible-shortage-publishers-say-trump-s-china-tariffs-could-cause-it-...

And apparently US printers are not able to print the good book

The proposed 25% tariff would apply to all books, but critics say it would disproportionately affect Bibles and children's books. Both tend to have specialized printing requirements that Chinese printers are set up to meet while many domestic printers are not.

And the article notes that Michelle Obama's "Becoming" is the next best seller after the Bible

Senior Contributor

(The proposed 25% tariff would apply to all books, but critics say it would disproportionately affect Bibles and children's books.

Bible is best seller)

The bible is an amazing read and easily the best seller - that's impressive.

Senior Contributor

But I think the majority of those are just an ornament or maybe a little read hear and there however Michelle Obama's book was the second best and I bet a lot greater % read the complete Obama book.

Actually if anyone really read the Bible with their eyes open and their mind working they soon realize the impossibility of any magical beings existing 

Senior Contributor

@Edmund55 wrote:

(The proposed 25% tariff would apply to all books, but critics say it would disproportionately affect Bibles and children's books.

Bible is best seller)

The bible is an amazing read and easily the best seller - that's impressive.

Mills and boon wrote a lot of popular books.  I think it was their first one. 

Senior Contributor

(But I think the majority of those are just an ornament or maybe a little read hear and there however Michelle Obama's book was the second best and I bet a lot greater % read the complete Obama book.)

Well, that's why your the belief and opinion guy.

Senior Contributor

@Edmund55 wrote:

(But I think the majority of those are just an ornament or maybe a little read hear and there however Michelle Obama's book was the second best and I bet a lot greater % read the complete Obama book.)

Well, that's why your the belief and opinion guy.

I say to you again.  You have no proof whatsoever of the existence of god only your “belief”. You lot never investigate your beliefs because it usually finishes with it being bull crap. 

I know there is no god because there is no evidence. The best I can describe your ailment is delusional. 

Dont insult people’s intelligence that a simple one liner on here is proof of god.youre as easy as taking wheat from blind chooks.  

Senior Advisor

God is Truth. Truth never changes. That is why the Bible is and will always be the best selling book.

Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

God is Truth. Truth never changes. That is why the Bible is and will always be the best selling book.

Forget about yourvsilly Enid blyton book of children’s stories.  The fact is and will remain, you have no proof there is a god or if he spoke truth.  What you have is a “belief”. On top of that you have the misunderstanding that unbelievers don’t understand. Surprisingly they do understand and have chosen not to be conned by a trick that is as old as your bible.  

How can you sincerely call the bible a book of truth. This is what you want rational intelligent people to believe. 

Immaculate conceptions, virgin births, talking snakes, incestuas behaviour between Adam and Eve, eve made from the rib of adam(doctors were good those days🤣) , resurrections, dead men walking, some lunatic waves his hands and parts the seas, old Noah shoving millions of animals on a boat. 

Then, without the blink of an eye, you want me to take that as truth. 

Dont insult my intelligence again please. 

Senior Contributor

I thought you guys were concerned about Chinese influence and yet you think a book that apparently only the Chinese have the technology to print is only telling you the truth.

The so called 'truth' in that book has to be reinterpreted everytime science discovers the facts about things that old book has wrong or completely missed 'telling' you about.

Pretty neat this time I had to find pics of tractors to verify