Did you mean: 
ollie2655
Senior Contributor

Re: guns have done that for centuries

kept gov at bay wanna  read history

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Notice how Don and GTO continue to avoid the Fourth of July question?

We have probably as many sheep in the USA as Saddam Hussein had in Iraq. I hope that many more get a good dose of common sense before we are faced with our own version of that tyrant.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Many of us didn't think that way

@GreaTOne_65 wrote:

Do you not understand the poster? Are you like 20, who believes it's the guns that keep our government a bay, too? Because, then you aren't as bright as you appear to be.

Our guns keep the government in the hands of the people and not a tyrannical dictator.

Samnospam
Advisor

You know Red

When I first saw GTO's little graphis above I thought "what an idiot, he wouldn't have a country if they didn't take up arms against their government in 1775", but then I thought about it for a moment and he is correct.  The founders of this country were traitors, TO THE KING.   Like any German jew that resisted Hitler was a traitor to Hitler.  Being a traitor to an oppressor is an honor.  The oppressor defines himself by his actions, so does the traitor.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Re: Many of us didn't think that way

Red; you have to remember that what is now Canada was where the loyalists were forced to flee after the traitors rebelled against the government of the day.

Many forced out by the rebels without their posessions or any recompence for them.

Democratforlife
Senior Contributor

Re: How many rapists have you shot?

He bases everything on emotion. A liberal is all emotion.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

You guys just had your asses handed to ya', and it's more than you can stand!! LMAO!!

verbatime
Senior Contributor

@GreaTOne_65 wrote:

You guys just had your asses handed to ya', and it's more than you can stand!! LMAO!!

Stick your freephoneupyourass.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Neb;  I recently read an article on how guns impact a homes safety and a police chief was quoted as saying something like 'in the 40 years he had been on the force he had been involved in far more incidents of a child getting a gun or domestic violence involving a gun than he had seen a gun used to prevent a crime'.

Will see if I can find the link for you.

I think the article also noted it was hard to get good accurate numbers on incidents involving a gun in a home because the NRA had lobbied to cut funding of ??? (disease prevention???) from accumulating those figures and the funds had been cut off around 1990.

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Really?  And I suppose that old movie actor who stood there and said "my dead hand" or whatever is not emotion and playing on the emotion of all the repig gun nuts?

There are so many waffles on here about the justification of guns.  All the statistics which get quoted are irrelevant.  The fact is, you guys are addicted to guns and it is a relic of the old wild west days and the bluddy 2nd amendment. If it wasn't in the constitution and it wasn't taken as compulsory, you would not be in the trouble.