cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

This will ruin elcheapo's day

Straight from the doctors mouth.

The first and only time that Dr. Birx and I went in and formally made a recommendation, to the president, to actually have a ‘shutdown’ in the sense of not really shut down, but to really have strong mitigations, obviously there would be some concern by some that in fact that might have some negative consequences. Nonetheless, the president listened to the recommendation. The next second time that I went in with Dr. Birx in to the president and said 15 days are not enough, we need to go 30 days, obviously people had a problem with that, because of the potential secondary effects. Nonetheless, at that time, the president went with the health recommendations.

Fauci walked back and clarified comments he made on CNN during an interview with Jake Tapper on Sunday, that the administration could have enacted social mitigation polices earlier and saved lives. Fauci said he was responding to a “hypothetical” question.

“I can just tell you the first and only time that I went in and said we should do mitigation strongly, the response was ‘Yes, we’ll do it,'” he said.

https://www.breitbart.com/health/2020/04/13/dr-anthony-fauci-trump-listened-to-official-recommendati...

11 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: This will ruin elcheapo's day

(Fauci)

I watched it, the reporters in the room were seething mad when Fauci clarified his comments, one shouted out -did Trump force you or pay you to say that-, Fauci said matter-of-factly, -don't insult my intelligence, I say what I want when I want to-.

The nutter winger cult all were hoping Trump & Fauci would have a falling out, instead they just plow ahead in getting us cured and back to normalcy.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Then explain

#FireFauci

Done by trump.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@elcheapo wrote:

Then explain

#FireFauci

Done by trump.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Cheapo, it's just a hashtag.  Trump didn't write the tweet, he just forwarded it, even though he could have ignored it.  Sometimes people forward things that are interesting, controversial, horrifying, or stupid -- it doesn't necessarily mean they agree with them.  He could have followed it with "*****", but every toter would have jumped his case about that too.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

@WCMO wrote:

Cheapo, it's just a hashtag.  Trump didn't write the tweet, he just forwarded it, even though he could have ignored it.  Sometimes people forward things that are interesting, controversial, horrifying, or stupid -- it doesn't necessarily mean they agree with them.  He could have followed it with "*****", but every toter would have jumped his case about that too.

There - right there is the problem with social media - CRAP is passed around, by people that don’t even read the CRAP.  And just because the people repost something from an idiot, doesn’t mean they agree with them.  Sorry - but in my book, it does say that you agree with what you sent on.   If you don’t want your name attached to some of this CRAP, you shouldn’t repost it.  If you do, you’re saying that YOU DO AGREE with everything AS WRITTEN.   You’re name is now attached to the same piece of crap

Jen

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

IDK, I pass along some stuff on FB just because it's funny, or just to see the reaction, not because I agree nor disagree with it.  Also, see links to some very informative info, and sometimes pass them along, again not because I necessarily agree or disagree with it, it's just informative.  I don't do Twitter, and rarely even look at Twitter links, same thing for TikTok stuff.  

This Forum is mostly opinions, which is fine and sometimes informative.  A few appear to be here simply to antagonize others, which is unfortunate.

Image may contain: 2 people, people sitting, possible text that says 'I'M ENDORSING YOU, JOE FOR WHAT?'

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

The problem tho....he did it as

The president of the united

States.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

True enough.  Though I believe the response was overblown for a re-tweet of someone else's opinion.

Asked whether he noticed the #FireFauci hashtag in his retweet, Trump said, “I notice everything“ and called it “somebody’s opinion.“

“Not everybody's happy with Anthony,” Trump said. “Not everybody‘s happy with — everybody.“