cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: This would make the choice a lot easier

Yep.  And few warn those poor women about the emotional trauma that will often accompany it, sometimes not for years.  

Of course, that would be bad for the baby part selling side of the business.  

Senior Contributor

So how many bullets have you not jumped in front of, how many have you murdered?

Senior Contributor

denies the child care if it is born alive

As far as I know the mother has to care for all children unless given up for adoption.

I am sure not wanting to deny any children care but I do not know of any groups offering to help the woman care for her children after they force her to continue an unwanted pregnancy

And if it resulted from a rape or incest the father is unlikely to help with the care either unless of course you use the bible to force the woman to marry her rapist.

Senior Contributor

my argument is not that all abortions should be legal, nor that all abortions should be illegal,

I also would subscribe to this but I would leave it to medical authorities and the woman to make the decision not some religious backed rule that eliminates options that are needed in some cases.

Senior Contributor

When did having sex start causing someone else to get kidney disease

Why deflect instead of answering why it is different to force a pregnancy on a woman and not force donating a kidney to save a life on others?

Senior Contributor

few warn those poor women about the emotional trauma that will often accompany it,

And what emotional trauma will a woman suffer who is forced to carry an unwanted  pregnancy to term and then raise that unwanted child with no support from society?

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/14/health/abortion-mental-health.html

It’s an idea that has long been used as an argument against abortion — that terminating a pregnancy causes women to experience emotional and psychological trauma.

Some states require women seeking abortions to be counseled that they might develop mental health problems. Now a new study, considered to be the most rigorous to look at the question in the United States, undermines that claim. Researchers followed nearly 1,000 women who sought abortions nationwide for five years and found that those who had the procedure did not experience more depression, anxiety, low self-esteem or dissatisfaction with life than those who were denied it.

Veteran Advisor

So, what's the difference between "force donating a kidney" and "harvesting organs from unwilling donors"?  And, how do you fathom that this is a valid comparison to either unwanted pregnancy or abortion issues?

Veteran Advisor

Senior Advisor

" I am sure not wanting to deny any child care"

New York progressives are.

https://www.lifenews.com/2019/01/25/new-york-law-legalizing-abortions-up-to-birth-revokes-medical-ca...

Advisor

Arguing with Canuck is akin to arguing with a fool during a sunny day that insists the sky is actually not blue in color.

Canuck must have amazing kidneys, if they have their own DNA and are capable of life on their own without a host body. I know I know, an unborn baby needs the body  of its mother for a few months....but lets see that kidney grow a set eventually and branch out on its own path.

Seems to me that the same countries that allow unrestricted abortion are the ones that probably would harvest your organs, so Canuck probably is on to somewhat of a parallel, but not like he intended.