cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

Those dangerous Bernie supporters

The progressives all cheered when their target was Trump supporters. Now they're not so happy.

snip-

Senator Barbara Boxer was booed off stage as all hell broke loose at the Nevada Democratic Convention last weekend. She also claims that Bernie Sanders supporters were so unhinged that she feared for her life.

CNN reports:

Earlier Wednesday, California’s other Democratic senator, Barbara Boxer, said Sanders supporters should attempt “to change the primary process, but not to go out there and throw chairs and to put people’s lives in danger because the democratic process as put forward and ratified by the two parties is being carried out.”

Boxer said she felt threatened after outbursts and threats at the Nevada Democratic Convention from supporters of Sanders over the weekend.

“I feared for my safety and I had a lot of security around me,” she told CNN’s Kate Bolduan on “At This Hour.” “I’ve never had anything like this happen.”

After Sanders supporters thought the Nevada Democratic Convention was being shut down prematurely, shouting ensued and there were reports of chairs being thrown. The phone number and address of the chairwoman of the Nevada Democratic Party, Roberta Lange, was posted on social media — prompting a flood of more than 1,000 calls, angry voicemails, text messages and even death threats.

“It was a scary situation,” said Boxer, a Clinton supporter. “It was frightening. I was on the stage. People were six feet away from me. If I didn’t have a lot of security, I don’t know what would have happened.”

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/18/politics/barbara-boxer-nevada-convention/index.html

18 Replies
hardnox
Advisor

Re: Those dangerous Bernie supporters

The non-Trump republicans didn't hardly make a sound while El Donaldo was sweeping though with the winner take all rules.

Then  they rolled over on their backs, spread their legs and showed their bellies to the alpha dog. What a bunch of careerist weenies.

BTW, as a fiscal conservative, why do you think the taxpayers should pay for the primaries when the parties get to make the rules?

r3020
Senior Advisor

"The non-Trump republicans didn't hardly make a sound while El Donaldo was sweeping though with the winner take all rules."

False statement. You are completely grasping at straws.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

That is for sure.  I don`t recall a primary where a candidate such as Trump was so far ahead and the rest not rallying around him for the "good of the party".  There are supposed party elders and bigwigs that once promised to "go with the winner" have now reneged on that and are talking a 3rd party run against their nominee....some of the damned fools are even going to vote for heartless Hillary.

hardnox
Advisor

???????

hardnox
Advisor

Nobody uttered a peep abut the rules that were in place. The thing would still be very much in play it it was proportional.

r3020
Senior Advisor

What's funny Nox is Bernie Sanders is such a racist. After over seven years of Obama rule he wants a revolution to restore the country. How he and his supporters hate the black man.

bruce MN
Advisor

Where were you in '72?  Re: The party not getting behind the nominee?

One of the candidates in'72 won only one State in the electoral college.  Not his own.  He'd acheived the nomination as the result of a sizable, but not huge, group of very passionate and dedicated supporters doing what they had to do to win enough state delegations that he was able to win the nomination.  I'm not sure if anybody voted for him in the general election who hadn't supported him in the primaries and caucuses. A sure didn't seem like it.

Point is, less than 5 million hard copy American humans have turned in a ballot or raised their hand for Donald Trump as of the middle of May. A passionate and committed bunch, no doubt, but this election is still a spectator sport for now.  Not sayin' he won't win, but established figures in a totally cracked political party, as the Democrats were in '72 and the GOP unquestionably is now , not being all Ganga over a nominee is not unprecedented.

bruce MN
Advisor

Where do you get some of this crap?

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Are you really, I MEAN REALLY, going to say anything about Bernie's supporter yelling and booing when trump's supporters beat people with their fists???  You are a stupid, freaking hypocrite!!!!!