cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Papa Wheelie
Senior Contributor

Re: Those marines

Joe Bill fought in the Battle of the Bulge. Almost lost his toes to frostbite. And he really hated what the Nazis stood for and had no qualms about killing the enemy.

But he told me as much as he hated the enemy and would do anything to defeat them, in the back of his mind he always remembered every enemy soldier was some mother's son.

I'm guess those who shrug their shoulders when an enemy force drags a dead soldier through the streets because it is what we would do to out enemies.

Sad.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

That's a nice verse, Canuck. When you read what's been written from the far side of this forum, it's obvious the amount of time spent in church, has been wasted, on brutal, vile minds.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

I work hard to defend America by doing all that I can to rid her of the joker pretending to be the "Commander-In-Chief".

Tell us, Craigo! How does it feel to know your beating your head against wall, because that is exactly what your doing, showing your ignorance! This President will NOT be beatin' by anything your poopy party has running against him!

Thinking you've got anything to do with defeating this President shows a juvenile, thought process on your part. With that kind of thinking, I'D wonder if you were still suckling on Mama's t!t?

r3020
Senior Advisor

Bart, the Marines are doing what they are trained and ordered to do, destroy the enemy. You can disagree with the nations policy but I hardly think this is a war crime. The terrorist are dead, yeah, may be some poor judgement but I think this type of stuff has always happened in war except now every person has a phone with a camera.

hardnox604008
Advisor

That is the inevitable risk of long term counterinsurgency operations.

Really a failure of leadership from top to bottom but unfortunately the offenders will need to face some sort of discipline and most of the leadership will not. I imagine a few mid-grade officers have seen their career prospects vanish but not a lot likley to happen beyond that. 

The leadership failure extends to Obama although most of the folks who are most pleased with that were all on board under GWB.

Like VN, when a majority of the population is against you or at least more afraid of a brutal insurgency that also has a degree of nationalist legitimacy, the only way to win is to depopulate the country. Which isn't nearly worth the moral and strategic cost.

And our "allies" don't have a lot in the way of cultural or nationalist legitimacy. Very similar to VN where we made our bed with the catholic minority tory class left over from the french who were never going to be seen as legitimate by the standards of the majority. Brutal as the communists were, Ho had that.

toughguy189
Veteran Contributor

The problem with our military boys is not that there is a prevalence of guns but rather a prevalence of gruesomely violent video games that have desensitized us from an early age that killing is no big deal.  My generation (28) and younger have grown up "killing" on the tv and computer without the fear of being actually shot in return or seeing the humanity of those who we pull the trigger at.  The old military had their first action of shooting someone in the field where it was either he dies or I die, thus they did what they had to for survial but they hated the killing.  The boys who sign up now have this fantasy of being the gi joe all american hero and like you said clearly they are not!

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

You guys really don't get it!

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

I started to post a retort but what's the use.  You are so consumed with hatred that you can't see anything that the conservative party line doesn't tell you.  You think it is ok to desecrate a dead enemy body because they do worse to our dead that they come across but if some democrat starts a sentence with "bush did..." you go ape**bleep** and redicule whoever said it with something like "oh, it's ok 'cause your guy did worse", blah, blah.  I give up.  Have a good day.

bruce MN
Advisor

I don't think you picked up on my sarcasm there Brian.  I was implying that Craig would exhonerate those guys  but most likely condemn Manning.  Unless he tells us differently, of course.

johnaa
Advisor

"Really a failure of leadership from top to bottom but unfortunately the offenders will need to face some sort of discipline and most of the leadership will not."  

Right !   Just like VN, the grunts get the blame but the officers-- well they are in charge of prosecuting themselves.  Like congress in charge of enforcing "congressional ethics" and the so-called Justice Department is in charge of prosecuting federal criminals like the Cheney gang.