cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Those marines

And Abu Ghraib.

The history of penology states pretty clearly that people engaged in imprisoning others will quickly become sadistic if not subject to strict oversight and training. 

Particularly in the middle of anti-islamic nationaist mania, that was foreordained.

Of course Rumsfeld and the rest of the brass didn't get the blame, a bunch of grunts and one woman reserve general got it dumped on them. And the people who reported it.

Veteran Advisor

That could be but it is very hard to see sarcasm on this site.  However, I really don't care that he did leak something that some people think the govt shouldn't do.  He was sworn to secrecy and not all of the things he leaked were things that the spooks were hiding from the American people.  Ops plans and tactical plans just aren't meant to be given away.  I'm sorry but after spending all my years doing that same kind of work, I say hang him!  He did traitorous things.

Advisor

I f it can be proven that he did what you say he shoud be punished.  Up until now he's only been tried in the court of media cooked public opinion and then quite likely only as an accessory to the people with somethig to hide who want to get Assange.

If it was combat battle plans and strategic locations and such  (outing a CIA agnet?  Who got tried or convicted or punished for that??  NADA.  Nobody), then sure.  But if it was no more than policy speculation, which some who are familiar with the situation seem to believe it is, then he'll be nothing more than one more pi&&ing post for the neocons and interventionists who have been driving this ship for the past decade. 

We probably shouldn't let this young soldier's case and trial become a forum on anything.  Most particularly not on our overall ambitions.

Senior Advisor

Many on the left condemning these Marines would have done the same had it been D i c k  Chaney laying there. Wouldn't matter if he was dead or not.

Veteran Advisor

You're doubting he leaked the things that wiki printed???  The person who outed Plaume was not a member of Military intelligence.  He was a reporter who was very much in favor of the bush cheney regime.  I know the job he was doing and I know what sort of intell he had in his brain.  He disobeyed his orders and he created much harm for his country.  He IS a traitor.  I don't think there is any doubt he did it but I don't know all the particulars of this case but it was my impression that they know he did it.  If you know something different, tell me.

Senior Contributor

Jesus - the pres. is up your nose.  Your normally censured and deliberate way of taking us down has completely fallen apart.  How can the future government expect to make peace with idiots like you running around advocating more deaths and violence.  I love your term of the "enemy".  You have yet to establish it is your attitude which is the "enemy". Too many guns and egos and pride.

What makes you worth more to the Earth than say the Taliban. I ask that bearing in mind your govt. is doing the same as them.  250,000 Iraqi troops killed and not a wimper from you.

As I said, you are an idiot!  Rambo macho guy who never did anything to support and defend the country!! He got that right!

Who are the "real" men who defend your country? And as for you defending your country by ridding it of the "Marxists", I would be surprised if you could defend yourself from a laughter attack.  You are paranoid and should not be contributing to anything the US does.  You are now totally f----d in the head and should medical advice.  You are certainly not the type wanted in any defence of anything,.  

Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

Bart, the Marines are doing what they are trained and ordered to do, destroy the enemy. You can disagree with the nations policy but I hardly think this is a war crime. The terrorist are dead, yeah, may be some poor judgement but I think this type of stuff has always happened in war except now every person has a phone with a camera.

I hope not.

If they are trained and ordered to desecrate dead bodies then your country is more evil and depraved than even your 'enemies' are making you out to be.

Senior Advisor

@Canuck_2 wrote:

@r3020 wrote:

Bart, the Marines are doing what they are trained and ordered to do, destroy the enemy. You can disagree with the nations policy but I hardly think this is a war crime. The terrorist are dead, yeah, may be some poor judgement but I think this type of stuff has always happened in war except now every person has a phone with a camera.

I hope not.

If they are trained and ordered to desecrate dead bodies then your country is more evil and depraved than even your 'enemies' are making you out to be.

Context Canuck. The Marines were not ordered to pea on the dead terrorist, they are trained and ordered to kill and destroy the enemy. Are you equally as outraged at some one sticking a Crucifix in a jar of piss and calling it art? Or some painting an unflattering portrait of the Blessed Mother and then covering it with elephant s h i t?

Senior Contributor

Right on the money, gough.