cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Thoughts for the constant complainers

Not sayin` nothin` but there`s many telltale signs of....

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Go for it Millie - the crap will just all end up on you.

Jen

rsbs
Advisor

BA, I kind of miss those "sandwiches" too.....lol.  Went back there over a decade ago and one of the "servers" wanted to give me her number for some "home delivery" but I passed. Guess I am too conservative...what would a liberal have done, eh?  That's right, they expect a free lunch right at work.....Pervy Biden thinks that is part of a staffer's job description, right?

If the democrats had come up with a viable candidate....think of Tulis Gabbard on the issues...well, Tulsi about ten years ago....they probably would have a solid shot at winning the white house, the Senate and maybe even keeping the RBG SCOTUS seat. Trump aint much, but aint much is still better than nothing.

As it is, they have a senile old fart that is looking a lot like a horse that needs to be retired to pasture. In Biden's case, maybe its the herd bull that lost his vitality many decades ago, but still likes to paw and sniff like he is still up to the task. If Biden is leading by close to ten points...hell, if he is even in the lead, I will donate $100 to the sandwich shop some night. lol. Not going to invite any liberals, though.

cmilligan1958g
Senior Contributor

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Sandwiches at Mettlers, if this was "the bash board" there`s so much material there  Smiley Happy  Now this is 30 yrs ago for me, but I recall a place in Kato on the order of Mettlers, but it was "the whole deal" I didn`t know how they got away with that stuff.  Kind of like The Loose Caboose in Glenville.  But we`d first hit The Albatross and then TJ Finnegans which were just college dance bars (something you don`t often see these days).   

If the Dems kept the "Hillary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi  immigration policy" of protecting American workers, fair trade similar to what Trump has done again to protect the American worker and just forget about guns.  And a pro life position as Tipper Gore once held.  They could win and election, however not come close to winning the Democrat nomination.

PS. do you still have the Mettler waitress number?  We`re trying to figure out what`s for supper.  Smiley Happy  The Wife doesn`t find that as funny as I do. 

bruce MN
Advisor

I could shoot a little pool back in the day. Damn good actually. Still play some league 8 Ball but the old peepers aren’t what they were. But love the sport. 

Anyways, wasn’t hard to pay for the drinks, the sanwhiches and the gas to drive up there laying a 5 on the rail and holding the table for a while. Clientele wasn’t that sharp and many were usually a “little full” by mid-evening. 

I do recall some entertainment going on in the background. 

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(I could shoot a little pool back in the day. Damn good actually. Still play some league 8 Ball but the old peepers aren’t what they were. But love the sport.)

We mostly played carom billiards (no pocket billiards) and snooker as the town pool hall had 2 carom tables and 1 snooker table.  Had a pocket billiards table that we played a little as well.  I could play carom with a lot of the locals but not very often with the top tier players, it least not when it counted $$$.  Now my dad, he was one of those top tier players.

5 of us purchased 1 of the Carom tables when the old hall closed down, had it refelt about 15 years ago and still play pretty regularly, at least during the winter.  Wish I would have purchased the snooker table as well.    

bruce MN
Advisor

I spent as much time as I could (way too much if you’d asked my Mom) in the pool hall growing up. Absolutely among the greatest memories I have of being “a kid”.

Ah..snooker. Cut my billiards teeth on a 9 foot snooker table. Learning on it with the smaller balls and pockets was a real advantage.

As the years went by there was less snooker played as the old straight pool table had been replaced by a couple of 7 ft coin tables. But the snooker table remained and it was used extensively for “golf”, often with up to 6 players.

Great times. I can tell for you as well.

bruce MN
Advisor

PS Ed

Absolutely no offense intended, but it brought a smile thinking about your obviously personal conservative and rather parochial views and having played carom billiards.  As held up to Professor Harold Hill’s pointing out to the locals the evil in “....5, 6 pockets on a table” as opposed to billiards in the song “Trouble in River City” in The Music Man.

aljessen61
Senior Contributor

"I am bringing forth where America should be on this subject, past the lies, the incompetency, the deflections, and the demeaning of a media - only looking for answers and the truth - from a man, and an administration, that claims no responsibility for ANYTHING, ever!!"

So you have all the answers to every problem? Did you learn that from the Hilldabeast?

I am really curious how and why liberals brains work the way they do. Was it something that happened early in life? Or did you slowly slip into this state of blindness?