cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Polaris Racer
Senior Contributor

Re: John McAfee offers to hack terrorist phone

That is exactly the problem. People can't or won't use common sense when solving a problem. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck it is a trucking duck!

smokeyjay
Advisor

Re: Tim Cook vs the FBI

Ironically, the biggest users of the dark web network, behind criminal elements, are the military and law enforcement. The tor network, if set up properly, is fool proof.  The encryption is so secure, it would take too many years and top computer systems to even come close. 

It it is ironic the FBI wants a key for private citizens phones and systems, but hides it's data with impenetrable encryption. 

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

@smokeyjay wrote:

Ironically, the biggest users of the dark web network, behind criminal elements, are the military and law enforcement. The tor network, if set up properly, is fool proof.  The encryption is so secure, it would take too many years and top computer systems to even come close. 

It it is ironic the FBI wants a key for private citizens phones and systems, but hides it's data with impenetrable encryption. 

image.jpeg

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: John McAfee offers to hack terrorist phone

So you trust the cops for the Evil Empire huh?

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

I can't believe that you are willing to give the Evil Empire the right to pry into anyone's private information!!   I think I have seen posts by you or one of your cohorts that you are against the gummermint being able to get to anyone's private stuff without a warrant and that you don't trust them to ONLY do one little thing with they have the ability to do it to anyone's stuff!

r3020
Senior Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:

I can't believe that you are willing to give the Evil Empire the right to pry into anyone's private information!!   I think I have seen posts by you or one of your cohorts that you are against the gummermint being able to get to anyone's private stuff without a warrant and that you don't trust them to ONLY do one little thing with they have the ability to do it to anyone's stuff!

Is it prying into anyone's private info if done with a search warrant? If it is then I back Apple. If not then I back the FBI.

OKdon
Senior Contributor

What is the difference between a rabid Homosexual and an ordinary homosexual. Does that mean if he bites you, you become infected with homosexual urges? Or does that mean you will writhe on the ground spewing out infected saliva. 

Or does that simply mean that the guy actually thinks that gay people should be treated with respect as if they were normal people?

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

If there is probable cause which I assume this may be then it is legal to search whatever it is they need to search.  However, Apple thinks/knows that they would use the ability to look into anyone they felt like!  You don't trust the govt.  Would you give them the ability to unlock any phone they decided to warrant or not?

smokeyjay
Advisor

The issue with any legal push to open private records is it establishes precedent for even further requests.  It may else be used to expand the definition beyond the original interpretation, taking us further down the road to even more intrusive searching. That's the danger, the slippery slope we often read about.