cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox
Advisor

Time for Rand to step up

http://www.salon.com/2014/12/10/authority_crisis_roils_america_police_abuse_torture_and_authoritaria...

We are in the midst of the inevitable crisis that came as a result of the extreme move of the pendulum to a politics of fear. The erstwhile libertarians in the republican party are going to have to step it up here, and not say that it is simply because of the Federal REserve plot hatched on Jeckyll Island in 1913. Or the indidious Lincoln.

6 Replies
hardnox
Advisor

Re: Time for Rand to step up

And fwiw, Obama should give back his Nobel if he won't act on this.

The only legitimate democratic presidential candidate is one who will vow to prosecute. If that means Obama too, so be it.

Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

There's only 1 that i know of so wouldnt count on it.    Rather the people living in those places where the police are abusive should do something about it.  Voting is supposed to take care of these things right?  

Still its funny for people who are by nature authoritarians complain about authoritarians. Must come from moral authority.

hardnox
Advisor

You're a phony and so is Rand.

Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

I enjoy it when i send a statist over the edge.

Palouser
Senior Advisor

The right and the CIA launched a cute argument that even revealing the contents of the report was rather dangerous to the nation, though the herd of cats have been out of the bag for years. The CIA winds up stepping in it about every ten years right on schedule trying to please their masters. This time they maintain they had legal opinions from their masters that ok'd everything. Gee, that's impressive. Before they haven't bothered with that charade. But the fact remains they've all repeatedly lied and one would be a fool not assume they still are (and I'm including the NSA).

We may have narrowly averted a data and technology 'virtual' end of privacy under an Orwellian state, AND torture and extra-judicial punishment - but i don't think so. So, why the circling of the wagon to protect this activity by keeping it secret, especially when it's not secret? The problem is accountability. Some can't stand the idea of actually assigning the blame to anyone. Everyone involved want plausible deniability. They might want to use it again in the future. Holding people accountable makes that escape hatch less useful.

The fact is that Obama doesn't have the support to press charges. He's a realist.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@hardnox wrote:

http://www.salon.com/2014/12/10/authority_crisis_roils_america_police_abuse_torture_and_authoritaria...

We are in the midst of the inevitable crisis that came as a result of the extreme move of the pendulum to a politics of fear. The erstwhile libertarians in the republican party are going to have to step it up here, and not say that it is simply because of the Federal REserve plot hatched on Jeckyll Island in 1913. Or the indidious Lincoln.

Agree 100% time for Rand Paul or any other self proclaimed conservative to step up and shut the budget process down until congress can come up with something workable.