cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Time for the younger generation to put an end to this

the (often professionally provoked) culture wars have to end.

They- folks under 40 in general- aren't inclined to buy heavily into most of this stuff that has been festering in the American soul for 40 years.

They aren't perfect, or easy to understand, but then there's never been a generation where the old farts weren't sure that the world was going to hell in a handcart. Absolutely true in terms of those weird Greatest Generation kids.

They are much less divided on matters of race, human sexuality and reproduction, guns, gender roles etc.

There are a lot of ways to move forward but they all require consensus in order to.

BTW, it appears that one of the groups that Trump followers have been prepped to view with withering disdain is "milennials." do so at your own risk.

7 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Time for the younger generation to put an end to this

Nothin` new under the Sun.

Image result for lot angels sodom

Advisor

All of those years of hearing that story in Sunday School and I never gave any serious thought to just what those old proselytizers had in mind when they constructed that bit of literature, become scripture, and to be honest hadn’t given it a second of thought since I was 9 or 10.  But thanks, BA, for blending it into your running commentary and making it perfectly clear.

Senior Contributor

While I'd thought I'd pretty well sorted this stuff out over the course of a lifetime, here in these days of the cult of the soul dead devil zombie, I do feel some eschatological rumblings.

The part about how much of the church will be with him is bothering me.

Senior Contributor

It is kinda nice to think that at least somebody is going to put an end to this. But we are commanded to carry on and not be so blasphemous as to think we know the mind of God.

For people who are trying like the dickens to get young people into the pews, it is a tall order.

Thus it makes a degree of sense that there would be a last gasp attempt to overthrow the Republic in favor of a theocracy.

For most it isn't really about faith but fwiw, faith under those circumstances would be as soul dead as the prophet who made it come to pass.

Senior Contributor

Having a bad day ddgfs?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Of course the notion that faith has anything to do with free will is a pretty new, and Protestant, concept.

A key player in this game goes back way earlier and has never really bought into that concept.

Senior Contributor

@aljessen61 wrote:

Having a bad day ddgfs?

😂👍