cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Today`s the day! `Last Blood` is here!

My Wife and I are going to the Rambo movie tonight on date night.  I sat through the `It` movie for her so now she`s going to Rambo for me Smiley Happy I have the other 4 Rambos on dvd so we binge watched the first 3 the last few days and she does like them.   I`ll try and give a full movie review tomorrow.    Oh Boy I can`t wait!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D7UveW1-T8

And today is national POW MIA recognition day.

Image result for mia flag

10 Replies
rsbs
Advisor

Re: Today`s the day! `Last Blood` is here!

All the guy wanted was to buy a meal and go on his way.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

The novel written in 1972 was at a time that Vietnam vets were spit on and called "baby killers" the Sheriff Teasle character (Brian Dennehy) to most of us in any other circumstances would be considered a really good guy who was only keeping his community safe.   Things just got out of hand causing good cops to do bad things.  

I remember First Blood came out in 1982 and the scene where Rambo sews up his arm really puts results of violence in perspective...at the time it was a scared straight type moment where "Let`s try to avoid this from ever happening at any cost".  

From the 1972 novel  to 1982 movie opinions of veterans did a 180° to positive and the Rambo movie caught that wave.  The popularity of the movie was a political barometer that helped Reagan get re elected or measured public sentiment.  I recall a watering hole I used to frequent to chase women "The Shady Beach".  During those years in the restroom was carved "Support capitalism, buy US arms to kill communists" . The owners of the bar never covered over it, no one ever crossed it out, it captured everyone`s opinion.  Today some pansy would raise holy hell about it in one way or another about such a editorial.

The popularity of "Last Blood" may have clues as to how the 2020 election will go.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Blood_(novel) 

Rambo (no first name in the novel), a Vietnam War veteran, is hitchhiking in Madison County, Kentucky and is picked up by Police Chief Wilfred Teasle and dropped off at the city limits. When Rambo repeatedly returns, Teasle finally arrests him and drives him to the station. He is charged with vagrancy and resisting arrest and is sentenced to 35 days in jail. Being trapped inside the cold, wet, small cells gives Rambo a flashback to his days as a POW in Vietnam, and he fights off the police as they attempt to cut his hair and shave him, beating one officer and slashing another with the straight razor. He flees, steals a motorcycle, and hides in the nearby mountains. He becomes the focus of a manhunt that results in the deaths of many police officers, civilians, and National Guardsmen.

It is eventually revealed to Teasle that Rambo was a member of an elite Special Forces unit in Vietnam, trained to hunt and kill the enemy, and survive by any means necessary. It is also revealed that Rambo has been awarded the Medal of Honor for actions above and beyond the call of duty while in Vietnam, only to become a vagrant after returning to the States and being discharged from the Army, mostly due to post traumatic stress disorder.

In a climactic ending in the town where his conflict with Teasle began, Rambo is finally hunted down by special forces captain, Sam Trautman, and Teasle. Using his local knowledge, Teasle manages to surprise Rambo and shoots him in the chest, but is himself wounded in the stomach by a return shot. He then tries to pursue Rambo as he makes a final attempt to escape back out of the town. Both men are essentially dying by this point, but are driven by pride and a desire to justify their actions. Rambo, having found a spot he feels comfortable in, prepares to commit suicide by detonating a stick of dynamite against his body; however, he then sees Teasle following his trail and decides that it would be more honorable to continue fighting and be killed by Teasle's return fire.

Rambo fires at Teasle and, to his surprise and disappointment, hits him. For a moment he reflects on how he had missed his chance of a decent death, because he is now too weak to light the fuse to detonate the dynamite, but then suddenly feels the explosion he had expected—but in the head, not the stomach where the dynamite was placed. Rambo dies satisfied that he has come to a fitting end. Trautman returns to the dying Teasle and tells him that he has killed Rambo with Teasle's shotgun. Teasle relaxes, experiences a moment of affection for Rambo, and then dies, succumbing to his wounds.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Daddy doesn't respect people who get captured.

He does respect people who are smart enough to pay a doctor to say they have bone spurs.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

I don`t respect or vote for communists, so that leaves out the entire Democrat party from getting my vote.   The Vietcong never stormed the beaches of Santa Cruz ...so it`s debatable whether we should`ve been in southeast Asia, officially anyway.  I guess if bone spurs would keep my Son out of a war 8,000 miles away, I could sympathize with that.   Of course Shell Oil wanted to draft all the cannon fodder that could be run through the chute. 

https://www.nytimes.com/1975/04/27/archives/oil-companies-abandon-operations-in-vietnam.html

rsbs
Advisor

how many medals, Nutz?

lets hear about YOUR military exploits.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Re: how many medals, Nutz?

And yours, Nancy.

r3020
Senior Advisor

They occupied the dean's office and chanted "hell no we won't go"

rsbs
Advisor

3020, nothing I have seen gives me any evidence that either of the twin fairies had the balls to even do that. Pervy Joe with his Corn hole story has more credibility.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Two thumbs way up on the new Rambo movie!   Liberals will absolutely hate the movie, there`s a scene where Rambo is leaving Mexico in a pickup and a wounded girl and he has no drivers license, I`m wondering how Rambo will get back to the US.  Well, there`s a old 2 strand barb wire fence with a sign and Rambo just drives through. 

The bad guys do get their just desserts and dished out by a 73yr old Rambo in a believable script.