cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Too optimistic again

looking like I way undershot the over/under for 70K cases and 1300 deaths on election day.

With 66K yesterday and an accelerating curve, the 70K looks light, for sure. Deaths might be a little different- they're about twice as good at keeping people alive vs. the first surge. But the big load of the last and next weeks is going to be aging out into the death zone about then, so it will be higher.

Not bad for a hoax that almost nobody gets and doesn't actually kill anybody.

4 Replies
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Re: Too optimistic again

As people head indoors more in the north, it is worth noting the AZ curve when they headed indoors in the summer.

When Douchey finally put on a mask mandate he broke the curve.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/arizona/

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

As the hospitals get overloaded, death rates are going to increase - no doubt about it.

Wisconsin is in serious trouble.  I warned my guys on my farm in Wisconsin weeks ago - all of them are pretty big boys, and I’m afraid what would happen if the Covid takes hold in their operation.  And I’m very concerned that could very well happen.

I still need to go and get my corn for the winter, but they haven’t started harvesting corn yet.  I tried to push them into getting started as the weather was so nice, but, I can only push so much.

I’m at MAYO again today.  I worked a bit too hard yesterday, making the railing system for my 2nd story deck on my addition.   I get that done, I can move my high lift to the next wall to do.

Republicans can’t win an election, without lying or fear mongering..... or voter suppression.

Jen

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

AZ's effective action after a tragic failure aside, the rest of the sunbelt will probably see a decline too- actually that's already apparent, but still not a good situation.

We've been living in a fool's paradise in the north. It didn't just go away in the Spring but the opportunity was there to get numbers sharply reduced going into Fall. Instead we seeded it everywhere.

I'm concerned that other crap has diverted attention from a very alarming situation.

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Yes - a very alarming situation is right.

Its a bit scary, having to do all these clinic appointments.   Everyone here at MAYO is very good about masking up, and using the hand sanitizer.   But I do worry, every time I have to come here right now.

Its going to get really, really ugly.   Now is not the time for “the normal people”, who don’t have a clinic off their living room, to get sick.   I would not be here, if I didn’t need to be.   On more appointment here next week, get my corn, and hopefully we can hole up for the winter.   

Many thousands more are going to die, or be living with the long term effects of Covid.  But, the stock market says it’s all good.  Except that it isn’t......

Republicans can’t win an election, without lying or fear mongering..... or voter suppression.

Jen