cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Tracking down QAnon

https://www.thedailybeast.com/qanon-incited-her-to-kidnap-her-son-and-then-hid-her-from-the-law

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/how-three-conspiracy-theorists-took-q-sparked-qanon-n900531

2 parts into the Daily Beast series and a good article from NBC on the origins.

Basically following the path that the televangelists and then Tea Party paved- a grift to use a form of affinity fraud to separate the gullible from their money. Now an industry.

Back in the day of the Fairness Doctrine for media and pre-internet, that stuff had a hard time spreading. Now it is an epidemic that threatens our society. There were always plenty of gullible people, the gubmint just protected us from them taking over the zoo.

5 Replies
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Re: Tracking down QAnon

As per the Daily Beast pieces, there probably isn't a more vulnerable population than folks who have had their children taken away by CPS. Allowing that it's about as touchy a subject as there is and each cases is different, the vast majority already bring some serious issues.

That's about as touchy a subject as I know of. I recall listening to a call in show on the radio once when I was working and people calling in to tell their stories. Even allowing for the fact that they were obviously telling the story from their side of it, that'll get you pretty stirred up.

I am guessing that in most all of those cases there's an explanation other than Hillary and Huma Abedin kidnapping them for pedophilia trafficking and to eat their brains.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Been "up nort" for a while on a socially distanced basis.

Some Q signs sprinkled around the moose pasture regions.

Don't know that there's a lot to be done with the Q-y portion of the base. I was also observing the other half of the base- folks who have pulled themselves up by their own bootstraps enough to have boats or vacation homes who appear to be quite willing to make league with their Q-y brethren for sake of protecting that.

And I suppose it a feature rather than a bug- better to have those people off chasing snipes than to be demanding policies that would actually help some of them.

Packard27
Senior Contributor

Rhetorical question of the day:

What is the difference between an ordinary “conspiracy theory” and a legally defined “criminal conspiracy?”

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

I'm not sure I get your point.

But if you go back to the Clinton Conspiracy Industry, it is where Hillary Derangement Syndrome originates and the psychological background for this totally fantastical cult.

There's some there there, for sure. Bill played fast and loose in AR although more the norm than not in that state.

Seems the most interesting part is as a relatively small fish in permitting the cocaine elements of the greater Iran Contra conspiracy to operate there, primarily just in the role of looking the other way. Current Gov. and past DEA Administrator Asa Hutchinson did too, as US Attorney for W. AR. He's also been well rewarded.

That conspiracy ran out of the Reagan WH but in the ultimate in plausible deniability, I doubt that Reagan ever knew much about anything. Just my guess.

So yes, Bill and Hillary were known as cooperative to "The Deep State". Vince Foster likely also, although he probably got greedy.

But it was all turned into a feature rather than a bug by RW conspiracy theorists.

BTW, the basic instinct of wanting the Bushes and Clintons out of power was valid, but it went terribly wrong.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

I suppose that a decade ago and maybe still if Americans were to vote for another head on Mt. Rushmore it would be Reagan.