cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Tremendous opportunity

Iraq votes the USA out, I'd take them up on it.   They can pay us for the facilities we leave behind or we can raze them on exit, but go man go.    

I would make a fairly hasty land withdraw from the entire region, Afghanistan also.    I wouldn't leave an embassy behind.    The region would explode into warfare almost instantly and would they exhaust themselves in the effort.  Not my problem.     You can't bring back wasted lives and money but you can stop further waste.

9 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Tremendous opportunity

Promises made and promises kept, not only get out of a couple foreign entanglements but the Iraqis would help us pack...you can`t beat that deal with a stick!   All we had to do was send a terrorist scumbag to the promised land and we save Billion$$$

Howeverrrrr, the Billy Krystals and the neo-con gang will be touting "what a disaster that will be to leave  boo hoo-hoo"  too bad so sad, it ain`t our problem, domestically Pump Baby Pump!   Of course since Trump is on the other side, the Dems will be bedfellows of the neo-cons...Classic Dems.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

The power structure in DC and the orange man bad team would have a fit, but the vast majority of America would be all for it.   Couple MOABS on Irans nuke facilities on the way out,  and good bye.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Fine by me.

Could probably cut the defense budget by half but you guys will have to able to agree on how to offset the fiscal drag in a way that doesn't include someone other than you getting free stuff.

And what to do with Our Troops who get cut loose? Even worse than last time we did a little of that since The Turner Diaries is now required reading in some units.

If nothing else if it doesn't go as well as you blithely assume then it will be fun watching the two stepping.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

gradual drawdown, everything will fine.  

Hey guess what?  WW2 is over, we can bring the troops home from Europe now.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I'm sure the Germans will step up. I hear their country could use a boost in the economy with massive new defense spending projects. We wouldn't want to deprive them of the chance of a great economy.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Bravo Sam!

We cannot get out of the entire Persian Gulf Region fast enough. Although, from a logistics perspective, it might well take 6-9 months for the military and all of its equipment to get out once someone fires the starting gun.

The lag time might also, as President Trump recently suggested, provide NATO with a necessary build up gap “should they decide” to send their own European troops to defend the region.

Regardless, however, here’s my vote to leave the dysfunctional and violently intolerant Middle East inhabitants to stew in their own juices. Given our own domestic oil production, we now need the Persian Gulf about as much as we need Haiti, Somalia, or North Korea.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

But what about the GOP Keynesianism thingy.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Time to let iran and iraq go back to their human assault waves.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Oh I'm sure do nothing Nancy can find plenty of rat holes right here at home to tamp the money into.