cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

first is memorable

The problem today is all media.  Any charge made sticks.  Trent Lott wasn't a racist but his comment was taken completely out of context and he was destroyed. 

Don't any of you remember the confederate flag on so many vehicles?  It wasn't about the south or racism.  That confederate flag was more about the attitude of James Dean or the Dukes of Hazzard.  For thousands of people it was about being a rebel.  A rebel.  Not about African Americans or white supremacy.  But it got that conotation from a group of liberals trying to start trouble and make a name for themselves.

Senior Contributor

Re: True test

Seriously Hardnox do you think there are many blacks that can tell you first hand accounts of family members being lynched.  Yes it was wrong to enslave blacks and yes there are still white people who treat blacks as less then equal.  However when it comes to having legitimate complaints about past abuses the Indians have a much bigger ax to grind with white folks.  Blacks were captured many times by other blacks in Africa and sold into slavery to white Americans but Indians were treated far worse as they were often hunted down and killed men, women and children plus had their land stolen from them at the same time.   I recently watched part of a special on PBS on the plight of the American Indians that I believe was done by Ken Burns and our treatment of Indians was far worse then what was done to blacks although that in no way means I'm trying to trivilize the treatment of blacks.   I would also argue that even today Indians are still being treated worse then blacks.   I have driven through some Indian territories and their existence looks far worse then any black projects I have seen in Chicago.

Senior Advisor

Most blacks are killed by blacks. This past weekend in Indianapolis, at black expo, a black shot 9 blacks. Didn't kill any of them, but he shot 9. Gang related.

I most certainly do believe that MOST african americans are within a couple of generations of family members who very, very personally knew what it was like to live under the threat of lynching and other forms of political terrorism.

I'm not arguing that past injustice justifies compensation of any sort.

Merely saying that there is a part of our shared history that we can't escape whether we'd like to or not, even if we think that everything woiuld be fine if those people would just straighten up and be just like us but with more pigment.

Veteran Advisor

@hardnox604008 wrote:

I most certainly do believe that MOST african americans are within a couple of generations of family members who very, very personally knew what it was like to live under the threat of lynching and other forms of political terrorism.

I'm not arguing that past injustice justifies compensation of any sort.

Merely saying that there is a part of our shared history that we can't escape whether we'd like to or not, even if we think that everything woiuld be fine if those people would just straighten up and be just like us but with more pigment.

That will only happen when all indications of race or race preference is eliminated from areas of public business.  It is the left and the democrat party that is bringing up race this...and race that, every other breath.  It is the left that pushes for extra special privileges for those of certain race or behavior groups.

It will be when everyone just stops talking and stewing about race, is when racial issues will fade away.

The obama regime is when all the racial tension started to flare up, and I am afraid that it will be at least 20 more years before it calms down enough to fade away.

It will only fade away when all forms of race reference ceases.

Veteran Contributor

I think alot of us are within a few generations of having family members afraid of lynchings and lived under the fear of political terrorism.  Why don't we hate the British and call them bigots or racists.  Why is it white Americans are the only ones called racists?  Why has this not been an issue in any other country, and any other races?

Jews were skinned alive, for God's sake.  Aborigine children were taken clear up until the 70's by others.  Why didn't any of those groups (including the Indian's) cause such a stir?  What is so different about the blacks?  Spoiled children.

If you guys folks want to continue to be chumps (or in Craig's case an aspiring mid-level chumpmeister) then go ahead, be my guest.

Race is an ongoing problem in this country, it is not THE problem.

It is used by powerful interests to "dog whistle" to the crowd with subliminal messages that are intended to provoke a fearful response, i.e., Willie Horton, "welfare queens" etc.

Currently it is being elevated into the audible range with stuff like the Sherrod case and the NBPs.

There are folks spending vast sums of money doing opinion research, focus groups etc. to figure out how to get the frog's leg to twitch.

The return on investment is the best there is- using emotional messages to front run for stuff like a Supreme Court finally stuffed with enough careerist Federalist Society justices to firmly place corporations in control of the electoral process. Or to eliminate controls on the financial system, or to direct vast sums of the national wealth to intelligence and defense interests, making sure that profit margins for medical and pharmaceutical interests are protected.

Good luck to you, h

Senior Contributor

what she said had NOTHING to do with the topic --the problem was the racist naacp crowd cheering it on

Veteran Advisor

@hardnox604008 wrote:

If you guys folks want to continue to be chumps (or in Craig's case an aspiring mid-level chumpmeister) then go ahead, be my guest.

Race is an ongoing problem in this country, it is not THE problem.

It is used by powerful interests to "dog whistle" to the crowd with subliminal messages that are intended to provoke a fearful response, i.e., Willie Horton, "welfare queens" etc.

Currently it is being elevated into the audible range with stuff like the Sherrod case and the NBPs.

There are folks spending vast sums of money doing opinion research, focus groups etc. to figure out how to get the frog's leg to twitch.

The return on investment is the best there is- using emotional messages to front run for stuff like a Supreme Court finally stuffed with enough careerist Federalist Society justices to firmly place corporations in control of the electoral process. Or to eliminate controls on the financial system, or to direct vast sums of the national wealth to intelligence and defense interests, making sure that profit margins for medical and pharmaceutical interests are protected.

Good luck to you, h

Why would anyone who desires to see America to be color-blind be considered a "chump"?

Will you only be happy when you stroll down the sidewalk, stepping off to let any minority have the way, or be shinning the shoes of minorities?

You, sir, are the one who seems to be hung up on race.  You must be totally consumed by "white guilt" for some reason or another.  Perhaps you are like Chicago white-hater Father Michael Pfleger and will not be happy until you see "bottom rail on top".  I do pity your self hatred.

Senior Contributor

I agree racism is still an ongoing problem that hopefully will continue to lessen as younger generations replace the older generations brought up in more racist times.  However this nutcase from the new Black Panthers who is calling for blacks to kill whites and stands outside a Philadelphia voting station with a night stick is only making the problem worse and not better.   Look at the difference between his message and that of Martin Luther King.  The lady who lost her job at the USDA has got the right attitude.  It not in one's best interest to continually fret and complain about the past but to move ahead and set a good example for others to follow.  To many on the left are correct to condemn the racism on the right or by white folks but wrong when they over look the racism of blacks and consider it some kind of weird make up call.