Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Trump Vs Sanders

27 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Trump Vs Sanders

I guess I have a few rhetorical questions: Did the poll ask "would you be ashamed of a president Bernie Sanders?" or Hillary or OMalley?  If they didn`t and I didn`t see where those questions were, then this is nothing more than a push poll.

Why is it that liberals try to "help" the Republicans out with all this wonderful advice?  Like Republicans were advised to get on board with Obamacare or be left behind....well Obamacare failed and is failing and the way to get elected 5+ years after that gracious liberal invitation, running in favor of repealing Obamacare is still a winning platform.

Many other similar loser invitations were extended to Republicans (some fell for it) involving gun control and illegals amnesty...all losers with public opion.  And now liberals are coming with push polls telling us to "get rid of Trump in favor of Kaisch" that`s 1% in the polls.  

I guess I`m a little leary of asking a barber if I need a haircut or a car salesman saying I need a new car.

Advisor

Parsing through the data.

There was a meme that Rand Paul was going to light up the millenials. That's been a total bust as their angry elders have totally swamped that side.

Approximately the only millenials who are republicans are ones who are afraid they'll get cut out of the will.

Not surprisingly they're also not real red hot on another boomer moldy oldie, Hillary, either. No doubt would give her a majority in a general but doubt that passion or particpation will be high.

Sanders is their man although that demographic isn't known for high participation in party primaries.

They may or may not matter this time around but most certainly will the next time out and more the time after that- in 8 years the median Fox viewer will more than likely be pushing up daisies.

I'm not as despairing of the younger generation as some. And anyway, the die is mostly cast, partly by us. That's also true of the most rigid reactionaries who will deny any fault for the present state of things, but them too.

Advisor

One thing that is obvious, has only been pointed out sparsely and will need to fall into place if Trump, and Cruz to some degree, are going to prevail in the trenches is that a sizable portion of p the most ardent of their supporters will need to actually participate in the nomination and election process.  Most particularly the 30-40 blue collar crowd who would never have dreamed of voting in the past.  

Not sure if the unorganized abstraction that would be the "liberty caucus"" can effectively mount and implement the necessary voter registration and such.  Will need at some point to utilize the resources of the local and state GOP and I can't see that going smoothly everywhere. Maybe in Iowa with the crazies having captured the party but gets tougher going forward.

Senior Contributor

Off topic reply today:

Merry Christmas and the very best of the coming new year to all of the bubbas, hosses, and farm babes at Agriculture.com. The country and world would not work without the annual voodoo that you all do so well.

ANF my friends. ANF.

Packard

Senior Advisor

@bruce MN wrote:

One thing that is obvious, has only been pointed out sparsely and will need to fall into place if Trump, and Cruz to some degree, are going to prevail in the trenches is that a sizable portion of p the most ardent of their supporters will need to actually participate in the nomination and election process.  Most particularly the 30-40 blue collar crowd who would never have dreamed of voting in the past.  

Not sure if the unorganized abstraction that would be the "liberty caucus"" can effectively mount and implement the necessary voter registration and such.  Will need at some point to utilize the resources of the local and state GOP and I can't see that going smoothly everywhere. Maybe in Iowa with the crazies having captured the party but gets tougher going forward.

The crazies of the party are the Ryan, McConnell, supporters. They are lead by Carl Rove. They played us like a stradivarius. They are identical the Pelosi and Reid. They have the same strategy. Raise taxes, grow government, repeat. They must be defeated.

Honored Advisor

Well, if you believe the polls, Cruz may very well win Iowa and who knows about the "Live free or die" state of New Hampshire..maybe Rand Paul at least does well?

What I think is missing with understanding Trump is he is vocalizing what many of us think deep in our brains but are too afraid to say outloud.  Trump appeals to Democrats and even Hispanics (believe it or not not all Mexicans are scuff laws).  Trump draws from the "Dirty Jobs crowd" that smoke Marlboros, work hard, worry about their children`s future and have never voted before in their live.  See, those people aren`t impressed by talking nicey-nice and "pathwaaaaays to citizenship" and "meeeeaningful gun control"...they grew up on the tough streets and have heard bull excremate all their lives, especially from politicians that say one thing here and another thing there, only worrying about their precious poll numbers.  Well, if those folks show up for Trump at the caucuses, it is going to be "all hands on deck" to sign them up on GOP caucus night  Smiley Happy

Politicians don`t get by with being two-faced like they used to, because camera phones are all over and the internet shines a light on hypocrisy.

Honored Advisor

Hey 3020, Paul Ryan is a huge disappointment, so worried about the government not getting shut down, which has by proxy given Obama dictatorial powers.  They talk about Trump being a bully by insinuating that Hillary soiled herself at the debate, well Obama and his real bullying has turned us into a 3rd world craphole with his executive powers and the congress that was elected to stop him is too lily-livered to do so.

What puzzles me about Ryan`s Omnibus spending bill that he and Obama both brag about...the danged thing ends in September 2016 is that because of a fiscal year end or what? but it seems the Liberty wing of the Republicans will be having another budget battle and threat of shutdown right a moth or so before the November elections.  Ryan managed to get us mad and then a year from now when the wounds are just scabbed over we tear off open the wounds agin before the election.  Ryan is the best Democrat Speaker ever, something for Pelosi to aspire to.

Veteran Advisor

only numbers that will matter

will come when voters actually vote.

I would be ashamed to have Donald Trump as president, but that is not the right question.

It's like when the freshman congressman asked the veteran congressman if the bill up for vote was a good bill or a bad bill and was told it was a terrible bill.

The freshman votes against it, and is astonished to see the other congressman vote for the bill. He asks him what happened....the veteran tells the neophyte that "hey , you asked the wrong question."

hope this helps.

Smiley Happy

Senior Contributor

Exactly right BA D.....Oct. 1 1916  New fiscal year begins. From Oct 1 until now government has been funded by continuing resolutions.

John