cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re:I didn't offer an opinion.

I merely[osted  a link to the website.  Why is it ypu want to herald Trumps huge lead but make excuses when he istrailing not one  but two democrats and one bein gthe unelectable socialist or in republican speak ( communist)

Advisor

Re: Trump Vs Sanders

To expand on that a bit, it seems this really is a yuuuge election.

 

Regardlesss of where the change in generations takes us and that is hard to predict for certain, this is the last chance for the old guard to burn enough bridges to make it hard fro anyone to retake any ground.

 

A couple, or more, thirty something Federalsit Society SC justices, maximum gerrymandering for another 10 years' advantage.

 

Probably, actually, a big one to just let the establishment slide someone in quietly to do the work. But no.

Advisor

Re: only numbers that will matter

Contrarily, the problem would be that this new person who posed him or herself well enough to have enough voters in the District to vote for them would need or feel compelled to ask either question.  We got a whole bunch of neophytes in 12 and 14 who weren't just Republicans who beat Democrats in the general election, but we're also baggers who beat and uprooted other Republicans. 

 

Personified by Batt beating Cantor in the primary.

 

 Folks in District tell me that the excellent GOP Congressman John Kline decided not to run not so much over concerns about being able to take on a Democrat opponent but rather out of not having to go through the indignation of facing a bagger beforehand. 

 

And FWIW I seriously doubt that our, as in yours and mine, exceptional Congressman has asked questions like your hypothetical often, if at all.  Nor did his very good and well qualified GOP predecessor Gil.  Looking around, we've got to be very appreciative of how fortunate we've been. Looking back through Walz, Gutenech, Penny, Weber etc. you have to get all the way back to Hagedorn before you uncover a dud.  

 

What's the name again of the neophyte who is running against Tim?

Senior Advisor

Re: Trump Vs Sanders


@hardnox wrote:

To expand on that a bit, it seems this really is a yuuuge election.

 

Regardlesss of where the change in generations takes us and that is hard to predict for certain, this is the last chance for the old guard to burn enough bridges to make it hard fro anyone to retake any ground.

 

A couple, or more, thirty something Federalsit Society SC justices, maximum gerrymandering for another 10 years' advantage.

 

Probably, actually, a big one to just let the establishment slide someone in quietly to do the work. But no.


I hope every repub who voted for Ryans big government protection acts gets beat in the primary or the general election. Nary a one of them deserves to return in 2016.

Advisor

Re: Trump Vs Sanders

There is considerable historical precedent for where you are going.  Two of the most long term destructive political parties/movements in history came into being and power, albeit as very distinct minorities at there first aquisition of it only to puge by violent methods the people who got them in.  Hitler and Stalin got rid of everybody in their circles of power who were deemed to be too moderate, too tied to "old ways".  I sense that you could easily get caught up in that, based on your passion and vitriol.

 

oh, yeah...and what happened to Julius Ceaser.  

Senior Advisor

Re: Trump Vs Sanders


@bruce MN wrote:

There is considerable historical precedent for where you are going.  Two of the most long term destructive political parties/movements in history came into being and power, albeit as very distinct minorities at there first aquisition of it only to puge by violent methods the people who got them in.  Hitler and Stalin got rid of everybody in their circles of power who were deemed to be too moderate, too tied to "old ways".  I sense that you could easily get caught up in that, based on your passion and vitriol.

 

oh, yeah...and what happened to Julius Ceaser.  


Oh. So if we don't keep growing Almighty Big Government we might become like Hitler and Stalin. Got it.

Advisor

Re: Trump Vs Sanders

Nothing at all to do with the size of government. Rather, the kind of government.

Senior Contributor

Re: Trump Vs Sanders


@BA Deere wrote:

Well, if you believe the polls, Cruz may very well win Iowa and who knows about the "Live free or die" state of New Hampshire..maybe Rand Paul at least does well?

 

What I think is missing with understanding Trump is he is vocalizing what many of us think deep in our brains but are too afraid to say outloud.  Trump appeals to Democrats and even Hispanics (believe it or not not all Mexicans are scuff laws).  Trump draws from the "Dirty Jobs crowd" that smoke Marlboros, work hard, worry about their children`s future and have never voted before in their live.  See, those people aren`t impressed by talking nicey-nice and "pathwaaaaays to citizenship" and "meeeeaningful gun control"...they grew up on the tough streets and have heard bull excremate all their lives, especially from politicians that say one thing here and another thing there, only worrying about their precious poll numbers.  Well, if those folks show up for Trump at the caucuses, it is going to be "all hands on deck" to sign them up on GOP caucus night  Smiley Happy

 

 

Politicians don`t get by with being two-faced like they used to, because camera phones are all over and the internet shines a light on hypocrisy.


Citation required.

 

 

Senior Advisor

Re: Trump Vs Sanders


@bruce MN wrote:

Nothing at all to do with the size of government. Rather, the kind of government.


The kind of government totalitarians have is always big. And their citizens are always disarmed.

Advisor

Re: Trump Vs Sanders

Totalitarian governments are very small and tight.  With no democratic voice or participation.

 

Both of those horrors were founded  under the quise of being movements of the unforgotten "little people". Silent majorities, as it were. But soon there was no reflection of either democracy or populist revolution, as would be the separate cases in those two, once effective power was densely concentrated.