cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Trump can't win

with a 45% ceiling unless 3rd party candidates take 6% or more, which isn't going to happen this time.

I'm assuming that people will find a way to vote as they did in WI. The post office thing is concerning in its own right but it is more a setup to challenge the loss.

Which brings me to the point. I could always be wrong- the Fed could print $Ts to support a lame duck loser, but I doubt it. Otherwise, global financial markets are going to throw a fit like you've never seen at the prospect of the world's oldest and most important democracy falling.

Which brings me to the ultimate point. If that was to happen, we'll have added somewhere between $6 and $12T dollars of national debt plus debt held on the Fed balance sheet in order to just, first, create the illusion of a "great" economy, then in a furious effort to cover for governmental sabotage.

I just can't stand all this winning.

Yeah, but how are you going to pay for it?

6 Replies
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Re: Trump can't win

There is a Trump argument embedded in that. "Hey, nice market. Too bad if somethin' wuz to happen to it."

That's already been broadcast in the audible range, above the dogwhistle.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

BTW, "the market" becoming the primary wealth vehicle and metric of national economic success is a major problem for representative government.

That really got rolling in the Clinton/Greenspan years. There were other smaller grifts like buying off the farmers* but the #1 thing I'd pick up on my antenna when people would be mulling over the Lewinsky matter and impeachment was "yeah, he's a bum but but my account sure looks good......"

Bush tried to reignite it by enabling a massive financial crime wave but that blew up on him before he could get out of town. 

*Even then, the farm vote had dwindled to insignificant. But there were still a passel of old farm state D senators whose loyalty could be purchased by bringing home the bacon to that constituency in their smaller slice of things.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

"Yeah, but how are you going to pay for it?"  aaaaah yeah, that is the question. All these promises made in the Democrat "big tent" come easy, but what happens to president Biden when the budding "John Lewis`" come knockin` "Yo cracker, where our money????"

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-math-on-reparations-total-cost-of-51-trillion-and-a-tripling-o...

snip

OK, taxpayers. Better get the checkbook out.

Not only are we talking about universal health care and a “Green New Deal,” we’re also now talking about paying reparations.

Democrats raised the idea on Capitol Hill last week, as part of their plan to blow the 2020 presidential elections.

The immediate idea is to pay reparations to today’s African-Americans for the economic losses from slavery. But as we’re going to see, the idea won’t stop there. Actually, it can’t.

Nobody knows what kind of numbers we’re talking about, but Claudia Goldin, an economics professor at Harvard, tells me they’d be “huge.”

Actually, we can sort of work it out.

Contemporaries put a number on the economic “value” of their slaves. It showed up in market prices.

And we know what would happen if you had reinvested that money, for example in Treasury bonds, since then.

Bottom line

Bottom line: If you took the values of successive generations of U.S. slaves — say, the total values in 1800, 1830 and 1860 — and applied Treasury bond interest rates to the money over the decades since, today we’re looking at a reparations bill of $16 trillion.

That’s about three quarters of U.S. gross domestic product, and slightly more than total U.S. personal disposable income for a year.

----------------------------

So more burn baby burn?  Does VP Kamala a Jamaican slave OWNER descendant get a check? half a check?  Is it "racist" for me who has NO slave owners in my ancestry to ask, since I am a TAXPAYER.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Yeah. There are about 5 Senators in a D majority that might vote for that- I'm probably high.

A veritable whirling dervish of BA two steppism-

Greece, Greece, I tell you!!!

The Fed must print another $5T to ensure the communists don't take over!!!

The ####### are going to bankrupt us!!!!!

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

"Yeah. There are about 5 Senators in a D majority that might vote for that- I'm probably high."

"The ####### are going to bankrupt us!!!!!"

-----------------------------------

So, why wouldn`t a Black voter say....

What Do You Have To Lose Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016 - Find ...

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

You n Sammy need to get out there and talk to The Blacks about that.