cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Trump hater Primer

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/12/a-trump-haters-guide-to-mueller-skepticism  

Belief in Bob Mueller, who surpasses all human understanding....Smiley Very Happy

For many Robert Mueller watchers, the air these days is electric. People sense the big shoes are about to drop. Donald Trump has submitted his written answers to Mueller’s questions. Paul Manafort has entered a plea agreement, but then continued to lie—at least according to Mueller. Jerome Corsi, fringe-right author and personality, is vowing to go to jail for life rather than sign on to Mueller’s version of events. Roger Stone is expecting to be indicted for something. So is Donald Trump Jr. And, most significant of all to those looking for a big payoff, Michael Cohen has pleaded guilty to lying to Congress about the timeline of a deal he was trying to make to construct a 100-story Trump-branded tower in Moscow. It turns out that the deal exploration continued past the time Trump had secured the Republican nomination, and Cohen and his associate Felix Sater, a real-estate promoter and one-time racketeer, had even discussed giving Vladimir Putin a $50 million penthouse in the building. “This is it,” people are saying. “This is the big one!”

But, with all due reverence to the deity Ganesha, why? We see the familiar cycle of hype, and there’s no use fighting it, but, once heart rates have slowed, the same old question remains: so what? Some of the news, such as a Guardian story that Manafort met three times with Julian Assange, seems to be based on nothing at all. But even the solid news turns out to be generally non-earth-shattering. As the journalist Aaron Maté has been pointing out, we already knew the timeline of Cohen’s Moscow efforts, because BuzzFeed had already detailed them in May, painting a picture of a bumbling duo getting high on their own supply. (As for the latest revelations, did Sater and Cohen really think a president of Russia would move into a free $50 million penthouse provided by a U.S. presidential candidate? You have to wonder if they were hitting each other on the head with bricks.) Those who hope that Mueller reveals a shambolic operation with a lot of rascals engaged in sleazy and embarrassing behavior will be happy with the fruits of his labors. But those who hope for an unveiling of indictments linking Putin and Trump in a grand conspiracy have no more reason to celebrate than they did a week or a month ago.

Let’s take a moment to consider Mueller himself. The cut of his jib is likable, and the trad Brooks Brothers vibe of his wardrobe is a perfect complement to his job title. But it’s hard to avoid the suspicion that he’s playing a political game at this point. To be fair, I’m vulnerable to confirmation bias of my own in this assessment, since about a year ago I suggested that Mueller was going to drag out his investigation until 2019, when Democrats were likely to be back in charge of the House, and seeing a prediction play out can lead to unwarranted certitude. But the reports we’re starting to see suggest a man who’s fallen prey to the same state of mind that warped Ken Starr—namely disgust over the people you’re investigating and a desire to justify the sunk capital.

11 Replies
rsbs
Advisor

Re: Trump hater Primer

probably a whole lot of BJ's out there, but our forum ones seems to grab the hook on every line that Mueller has thrown out for the last three years.

At some point, you always think that common sense would come into play and some skepticism would emerge, but when you catch the TDS disease, I guess there is no coming back.

I just yawn and move on.

Once we move on from the $50million penthouse, I am sure there will be another sure "gotcha" circulated.

Kind of embarrassing to watch.

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Ya - embarrassing for you that are “all in” with tRump....

Tick Tock.....BONGx11!!!!!!!!!!!

Jen
GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

jenny, what do you suppose the excuse will be when in fact they are proven wrong?? I can hardly wait! Wanna bet, not one of these people will accept the fact they hired a mobster??

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

The end justifies the means - by whatever way they have to do it. The Republican Party loves to fear monger to get votes - whether it be gays, bathrooms, brown people, taxes, or health care. And they get people who don’t do their own research to “buy in” to the rhetoric- which is what tRump’s rallies an Fox News is all about.

But there is hope -,the last election finally woke up non Repulsives, who now realize just how badly they were duped by tRump. The 2016 election was not about voter fraud - it was about making Americans so angry at Hillary, that they wouldn’t vote at all. And then add in a third candidate female, who was a Repulsive in disguise, to pull even more votes away with the “Jill not Hill” rhetoric that we saw here.

Then add in the social media hackers, that we even saw on here, and you realize how bad these people are - they at this point will stop at nothing to get social (read Communist by these people) programs killed, but have no problems spending to the hilt on war machines.

All in all - it’s horrific - and has been for a long time, essentially since the coined the phrase “family values” some years ago, and put themselves up as the “godly” party. Nothing, absolutely nothing, is farther from the truth.

They rely on people being too lazy to do their own research, to draw their own conclusions. Why should they, when these charlatans tell people what they want to hear. They have done it for years, and now have done the up is down, and we are them thing. And all of America, and the world, now get to suffer the consequences for who was placed in power.

Tick Tock......BONGx11!!!!!!!!!!!

Jen
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

And will they ever accept responsibility - of course not. You already see the rhetoric here. They are in a “war”, and in war, anything goes. They just twist the facts, and say, “Look over there!”

This will come to an end. But the end consequences probably are not going to be pretty. These guys say, “I can’t believe that Liberals hate this country so much, they are willing to destroy it!” When in actuality, they are talking about themselves.

Tick Tock.....BONGx11!!!!!!!!!!!

Jen
backmansasktel
Senior Contributor

Damn right it is to think a liar.cheat and grifter inhabits the white house.

And to even think that farmers, especially proclaimed christian ones, feel that he embodies the soul of American and defines all that is good and true about America.

elcheapo
Veteran Advisor

Amen back !

But things are nuts all over. I happen to watch a
Bit of the 700 club...with Pat Roberts.. I turn it
Off, I could not stand the warped stuff they
We're saying. It clearly was political, not religious.
I used to be a supporter.

As of late a local church pulled out of the Methodist
Faith...due to the guy issue....but several were
Quoting Trump.

I don't stop here much anymore....way too much
Hate.
I go to other sites where the people are much more
Nice, a large readership, and people are genuine.

You can ask for help, or have a question, and
People will answer, and to the best of their ability.

Here, much like Trump, a small group of people
That hate just about everything and everyone,
Are racist, and everyone is wrong but them.

It's sad
rsbs
Advisor

the article that BA posted was about the shape shifting investigation of Robert Mueller and how the faithful democrats continue to react to every development, no matter how trivial, as the finding of the Rosetta stone.

If you want to shape shift once again to morality of elected officials, we can start a new discussion about the morals of Donald Trump vs. LBJ, JFK, FDR, WJC, etal.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Really, you think Donald Trump is in the same league as those men?? They may have had their affairs, but none of them compare even remotely to the Donald.