cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Trump just lost my vote

@elcheapo wrote:

He come out with his healthcare plan tonight.....and it does not set well with me.  Here is my situation.  I'm a middle aged

diabetic, with several other health problems, and maybe facing surgery in the next year or less.  I held my breath for

years, i could not get coverage...let me restate that, yes there was a pool, but it had a $100,000 cap and had $5000 ded.

the cost was more than the other companies.  i'll admit, i waited on things till they got bad untill i did something, due

to no insurance.

now trump (even the entire republican party) wants to trash the whole system......it has benefited many people.

I also pay my insurance 100%.  yes, i grip how high it is, but then i think back all those years, and say a pray once

in a while for thanks that i can now have it...i no longer need to worry what 80 i'm going to have to sell when i got sick.

The fool hardy notion that letting companies write accross state lines and setting up HSA's, and "making consumers

more aware of healhcare costs".......is biggest load of crap i've seen for quite some time.  I am aware of healthcare

cost.  even tho i have insurance i still shop for supplies.

the idea of "writting accross state lines", is another babble......first, insurance regulation is a state issue......so trump

and the republicans are going to take that over ???

second.....companies already can write in many states........ever hear of blue cross and blue shield (anthum..and they

are usually higher than just single state franchises)....humana...united healthcare...coventry (atena)......these

companies already do write in many states....the problem is with the state regulators....but trump and the

republicans are going to change.

i'm sorry......this fool hardy idea on hurting alot of people with healthcare....just to get even with obama........talk

about self centered, people !!!

while i don't want to.......after this comming out, i'm leaning twards.........clinton.

also, remember, fellow farmers.....all the republican canidates want to do away with the RFS......that will be the death

nail to the corn market for years........trade deals.......which we benefit from........care to guess where markets will

be in a couple of years later if that bunch of bozo's get it.

granted, i'm not jumping for joy with clinton......she has her problems...... wants to push father on things that i think

they need be.....but, she will make sure i can have health insurance, and in favor of RFS and trade......

the republicans say they are going to cut taxes, and that we will bring back the jobs.......both are impossible......yes

we can cut taxes......but we must cut programs......plus we need to be making payments on debt.

they keep talking about ronnie ray-gun......but......the deal now is, the horse has done got out of the barn.....the companies

have done moved their operations over the border, and don't have any plans to come back.......they can't afford to come

back.......first wages are lower, second, no osha or other agencies to fight with.....plus we have a huge amount of debt

than when ronnie was around.........these dingle barries just don't get it.

sorry, if i've ruffled some feathers, but that's just how i see it. am i happy.....NO

but for me and my family, clinton is starting to look better.....i'm sorry.

You think my children should be responsible for your health care. You want to impoverish them now for your benefit destroy the system so when they get old they can died waiting in line. Doesn't ruffle my feathers but I disagree with you. You want Almighty Big Government to choose you to be a winner and some one else to be the loser. I don't want the government to have that power.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

No we don't want to saddle your children with the debt. We prefer that you pay higher taxes now. You and you high flying billionaire friends that you protect!

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@OKdon wrote:

No we don't want to saddle your children with the debt. We prefer that you pay higher taxes now. You and you high flying billionaire friends that you protect!

You mean that Barack Obama protects.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I have read enough of his posts to know that he is always going to vote for the democrats and expect fluffed up cotton candy from the candymen.

Highlighted
Advisor

My guess is that ACA in some form will be around until we head more toward single payer, so I think you'll be OK.

Among our demographic it is a no-sale with most who are self insured. Under the old "system" people without excludable conditions could find offerings for pools that excluded people like you and thus were quite a bit cheaper. That would be in the non-community rated sates which most MW states were.

The rub was the SOP on those pools was to fill them and then begin sharp premium raises in order to make the bucks. The assumption was that the healthy people would stick around for a couple years before bolting to the next cherry picked pool. People who had someone in their family develop an excludable condition were stuck until, as you say, they ultimately got dumped on the state high risk pool.

People who qualified for those plans generally didn't fully feel the continuous 10%+ annual rises in healthcare costs that ran through the 90s and 00s.

They think healthcare inflation just started a couple years ago.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@hardnox wrote:

My guess is that ACA in some form will be around until we head more toward single payer, so I think you'll be OK.

Among our demographic it is a no-sale with most who are self insured. Under the old "system" people without excludable conditions could find offerings for pools that excluded people like you and thus were quite a bit cheaper. That would be in the non-community rated sates which most MW states were.

The rub was the SOP on those pools was to fill them and then begin sharp premium raises in order to make the bucks. The assumption was that the healthy people would stick around for a couple years before bolting to the next cherry picked pool. People who had someone in their family develop an excludable condition were stuck until, as you say, they ultimately got dumped on the state high risk pool.

People who qualified for those plans generally didn't fully feel the continuous 10%+ annual rises in healthcare costs that ran through the 90s and 00s.

They think healthcare inflation just started a couple years ago.

The inflation of health care exploded with government involvement with it's war on poverty.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I don't expect anything other than to not get screwed by repubs which has happened time after time when there is a repub president.  The last one was the worst one in modern day though.  I have seen a repub yet that wanted the job that I would vote for!  I save my repub votes for locals that I know if they can do the job!

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

image.jpeg

Truly the undereducated are trump's supporters

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Turdy, you are such a twit! I find it hard to believe you have brains enough to breath! God, are you dumb!

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Elcheapo, do not give up hope, Bernie has a good workable plan, that Hillary will have to adopt to become the DNC candidate. Actually, had the damned Republicans spent half the money reworking the ACA, they spent trying to destroy it, it would have been working much better, but,, that's all history now, they had high hopes, they would destroy that and the President, now, they stand a good chance of destroying their own party, and I personally, wouldn't give a damn.

http://www.alternet.org/election-2016/robert-reich-why-critics-bernienomics-are-just-blowing-smoke?a...