cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox
Advisor

Trump's taxes

My guess would be that he doesn't want to release them because they would make him look like he's not a winner.

It's actually a bit more complicated than the bottom line though. As a developer he can live lavishly in his tower and write it off- so that is income, it is just untaxed income.

And I'm guessing that his taxable income after depreciation and other expenses is pretty small. He may even draw on his credit lines to support his lifestyle- surely has to support his campaign thus far- which is not that big of a deal if you have a net worth of even $1B.

There are suggestions that it might reveal he's conserably less philanthropic than he claims- I couldn;t possibly say.

Actually that is going to be true in the coming years of some farmers with 8 figure net worths, particularly those who bought $15K land. Doesn't matter, within reason, as long as the price of land stays up and they don't get too silly.

16 Replies
man of steel
Senior Contributor

Re: Trump's taxes

Throw some more, your fellow rubes eat it up

hardnox
Advisor

Actually wasn't aware that I was even casting aspersions on him, merely noting the nature of the biz he's in (a bit like farming, asset rich, cash poor) and the fact that he probably enjoys substantial legal tax breaks.

There is clearly a reason why he doesn't want to release the returns, I'm just speculating as to what it might be.

BTW, another comment this morning about Romney's taxes. Harry Reid's hit on that was an underappreciatedly brilliant bit of political skullduggery- odds are that Romney did pay some taxes in those 10 years mentioned but it seems almost a certainty that reid knew there was enough of something there that Romney wasn't going to release them.

So for anybody who hates Reid for partisan reasons, I get it.

Taxes aside,  most everybody, both R and D alike, was so partisan, stupid, lazy or all of the above that they couldn't understand the nature of the business Romney was in and find it a bit concerning. So it came down to the tax thing.

If you just limit Donald's biz to real estate development and reality TV it's actually a lot closer to real capitalism than what Romney did. It's Trump U, the bankruptcies, the mob ties that become concerning.

And or course the compulsive lieing.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

I agree with Trump on the tax returns....its his personal returns, and if the IRS finds

something askew, he should pay his proper amount.

If he doesn't want to release them , so be it.

I am not a big fan of income tax anyways or income transfers. Let people make as

much as they want and put use taxes on as much as you can....highway fuel taxes

for roads, property taxes for border security and national defense, and tuition for

schools.

hardnox
Advisor

Yes, but I really wasn't thinking I'd dissuade you from supporting your fellow winner.

man of steel
Senior Contributor

@hardnox wrote:

Actually wasn't aware.......................................

Yes! We know

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Trump`s no dummy. The minute he releases the returns, the Left is going to spend the next 5 months going over it with a finetooth comb.  If the IRS says it`s good enough for them, isn`t sure good enough for me.   I imagine even if Trump pays 39.5% bracket the Left will have a cow that he should`ve paid more.  If he gave 10% to charity...he shoulda gave more.  If he deducted a candy bar that he shouldn`t have the Left will be all over it.  Then with whatever red herring they come up with George Stenopolous and Candy Crowley will hammer him with gotcha questions right in the middle of a debate that they`re "moderating".

Ficken Obama won`t release his college transcripts where he was getting credit as a "foreign exchange student" barely getting by with a 2.0 GPA ...Trump offered $5 million to the charity of Obama`s choosing if he`d just show the transcripts...so there`s something there.   And Hillary Smiley Very Happy  where to begin with all the dirt that old rip has hid?  What did she promise to Wallstreet in those expensive speechs that she gave? 

hardnox
Advisor

Sure. And when Pres. Trump wants to change the libel laws to inhibit the press, he'll be justified in protecting us and himself from The Left.

You're rolling down the hill with no brakes.

And why, per my recent comments, any sane person is going to have to hold their nose and vote for despicable Hillary if it comes to that.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

One of the surest signs of insanity is when you become convinced that

everyone else is insane and you are the only sane one.

Just like when the senior citizens wife phones him to warn him about

the nut on the highway he is on, that is driving down the wrong side of the road.

"one nut?, Heck, there are hundreds of them on the wrong side!" he replies.

The election of the Muslim mayor in London probably just gained The Donald

five percentage points in the matchup with Obama's successor.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Red; why would you say the election of a new mayor for London England would help Trump unless of course you think there are so many bigots in your country that Trump and a few others have scared and turned against a few minority groups.

that is why the memories of Hitler keep coming up where a leader scares the voters into discriminating against 1 group to put them into power.

Voting for discrimination and not for plans to actually improve the society they live in.