cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Trump wants you to boycott Goodyear

After Goodyear warned employees not to wear political oriented hats, namely MAGA hats, the president tweeted that Goodyear should be boycotted. Goodyear does not allow any political advertising by its employees. Before you go wining about the gay, lesbian and BLM claim, be aware Goodyear did not post that, someone else did and it is not allowed either.

Now I don't know about all you fine, upstanding and righteous folks, but for a President of the United States to use his office to make or break a company is wrong, unprecedented and un-American.

Read it here or anywhere and be sure and read Trump's Tweet, Goodyear's response and the claim about other things being allowed, which was false. How can anyone defend this BS? It's just wrong and shows Trump's inability to be a just leader.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2020/08/19/goodyear-boycott-president-trump-maga-hats-blm/34005... 

15 Replies
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Trump wants you to boycott Goodyear

The trouble is you can wear BLM but not blue lives matter.

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(After Goodyear warned employees not to wear political oriented hats, namely MAGA hats, the president tweeted that Goodyear should be boycotted. Goodyear does not allow any political advertising by its employees. Before you go wining about the gay, lesbian and BLM claim, be aware Goodyear did not post that, someone else did and it is not allowed either.          Now I don't know about all you fine, upstanding and righteous folks, but for a President of the United States to use his office to make or break a company is wrong, unprecedented and un-American.          Read it here or anywhere and be sure and read Trump's Tweet, Goodyear's response and the claim about other things being allowed, which was false. How can anyone defend this BS? It's just wrong and shows Trump's inability to be a just leader.)

May not have been that goodyear corporate video but appears it was shown at a goodyear plant which was dumb on goodyears part. That being said I agree that this was an unforced error or dumb for Trump to become involved without all the facts and just in general.

Now with all the nonsense being said and done by your winger's, your anteefers and blm's, and the current leader of your party - of which you have not raised a peep about, it seems a little high and mighty of you to say this "shows Trump's inability to be a leader".

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Wrong -had you read carefully and the things I asked you to pay attention to, you would know that an employee said that and that Goodyear management specifically states none of those are allowed.  I figured this would happen, but I had to share the entire article. 

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

I suppose you could say that, but for a US President in a Capitalist nation to try and ruin a business for what he sees as his own interests is simply wrong an not defendable. Presidents don’t do this and never have. 

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(Wrong -had you read carefully and the things I asked you to pay attention to, you would know that an employee said that and that Goodyear management specifically states none of those are allowed.  I figured this would happen, but I had to share the entire article. )

Exactly what I said, not management / corporate but a single goodyear location:

[Fox 19 television reported that this image was originally posted by a Goodyear employee at the company’s plant in Topeka, Kansas, who said that the slide came from the company’s corporate office in Akron, Ohio. Goodyear’s corporate office disputed this in a statement, however, writing that this image was “not created or distributed by Goodyear corporate” and that it was not “part of a diversity training class.”

We reached out to Goodyear to clarify details about the image’s origins and will update this article accordingly. At the moment, it seems that this training slide was shown at a single Goodyear location in Topeka, Kansas, and was not officially sanctioned by the company.]

r3020
Senior Advisor

Corporate wokeness has turned into full political discrimination at

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

I reckon you’ll just not read what the Goodyear management wrote and leave it at this untruth. I know that’s the way you roll, excuse Trump. Employees posted that slide, not management. Probably an employee that believes like you. Again, read the official Goodyear response, if you dare, which you won’t. I know you, you know me. Probably best just to let you love the Don more and more.  A president has no business trying to ruin good American companies. 

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(Probably an employee that believes like you)

Because you just know?

(A president has no business trying to ruin good American companies.) 

Again true - and rich.

Government leaders have ruined thousand's of American company's this year alone by forcing them to shut down; government, including past President's, have also ruined many good American company's over the years via regulation implementation. 

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Ed, how many US Presidents and who have come out and specifically called for a boycott? This is specifically about the President. And the article, which you did not read, says management did not post that slide. And, they sent out a memo saying none of these political opinions are allowed at work. I’m not sure how you fellows are not getting this, other than failing to read. It’s wrong and there is no excuse or justification for a President to call for a boycott even if they openly opposed him, which did not happen.  Quit excusing Trump and hold him accountable for his outlandish mistakes.