cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

Trying to anticipate El Donaldo's big move

The Cruz birther thing was expected but handled with perfect timing, although, many "republicans" are not amused.

He's a brilliant demagogue but if he squares off against Hillary I've got a feeling he's going to have to come up with more.

Could be that just ridiculous, and exceptionally unspecific bragging and playing to grievances will get it done. But I'm almost sure that if he wins the nomination he will pivot to the left of Hillary, at least on some things.

Sure he'll stick with guns, bombings, torture and deportations (fundamental elements)  but I think he's going to have to promise some cash to the working class through middle of the middle class in classic Huey Long fashion and paint her as the Wall Street candidate (not hard to do).

As to what, how and how he pays for it (if he even has to be that specific) I'm currently at a loss.

But I am talking cash money, I think the day when that group will buy the neoliberal "the market shall make you free" bit is over. Or, that after we deport 10 million your income will rise- although I could be wrong about selling that.

8 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Trying to anticipate El Donaldo's big move

Well, Trump does have support of any blue collar Democrat that still has any math skills.  We don`t have the work for 20 million illegals, that is why wages stay low, too many workers =  low wages.  And too many out of the work force, the bigger the strain on the entitlement safety net.   It`s remedial mathematics, nothing difficult. 

Highlighted
Advisor

10-12 million illegals = maybe 3-4 million full time work equivalents?

Highlighted
Advisor

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

He is runningfor BSer in cheif and he will win in a landslide accept Bernie&Joe will get in the way.

Highlighted
Advisor

Trump would be comfortable painting Hillary as the Wall Street candidate.  One thing that goes unsaid about Trump is that in spite of his alleged billions he's not part of the classic billionaires, yacht club crowd that would be the GOP financial support base.  I sense that there is a state of extreme mutual disrespect.

And has squabbling with the Murdoch clan ever since announcing which would be yet another breed of fat cat.  Kochs seem very cool regarding him so far.  

What he just may be is a big joke on everybody.  One that he aspires to be. 

Highlighted
Advisor

Did you happen to see the piece a couple days ago about how his "brand" is failing among his key $100K+ pre year customer base?

Although my guess is that the reality TV biz has become his hogs that pull the boat and the real estate is just the land base. The RE is still probably highly saleable, at least at present.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

That is exactly the biggest reason why I think Trump is the real deal.  he funds his own campaign and let`s face it, if you speak the truth, you`d better ride a fast horse.  This is costing the Trump brand, he could be a jellyfish and be 4% in the polls and let another jellyfish win the nomination and still sell ties at Macy`s and still go back to The Apprentice show and run the Miss Universe pagent and host golf tournies that will surely be canceled...the truth is always damned expensive, to either speak or ignore as we have been.

Donald Trump is the equivilant to our Founding Fathers when they signed the Declaration of Independence.  They also lost their fortunes because of their signature and some lost their lives, hopefully neither happens to Trump.

Highlighted
Advisor

100% of a 10% prime time TV market share will make him more money than anything he's ever done.

Almost regardless of what transpires there will be that many followers.

Laughing all the way to the bank.

Heck, the Khardashians make $100M a year off a small fraction of that. A celebrity judge on American Idol makes $10-15M.

Amusing ourselves to death.