cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samnospam
Advisor

Re: getting stranger

I disagree.  The permanent government is at least as much the problem as the last two administrations.

Samnospam
Advisor

from roberts piece nox posted

it has not occurred to Noonan that if Obama--or any president--can use the IRS against opponents, he can use Homeland Security and the police state against them. He can use indefinite detention against them. He can use drones against them. '

He can use any area of government, health care et al.  And he can use it to deal out favorable treatment (corzine).  There is a very good reason to have the least government possible.

bruce MN
Advisor

You refer often to "the permanent government", as have I at times and I believe we agree to some degree or at least not to totally disagree on the matter.

I may have posted this link here before and am wondering if you are familiar with the article from way, way back in 1996 when the DINOs were shacked up on Penn Ave.....before the RINOS moved in 4 years later .  Put into words by an always craftful writer:

http://msuweb.montclair.edu/~furrg/lapham.html

r3020
Senior Advisor

@bruce MN wrote:

You refer often to "the permanent government", as have I at times and I believe we agree to some degree or at least not to totally disagree on the matter.

I may have posted this link here before and am wondering if you are familiar with the article from way, way back in 1996 when the DINOs were shacked up on Penn Ave.....before the RINOS moved in 4 years later .  Put into words by an always craftful writer:

http://msuweb.montclair.edu/~furrg/lapham.html

You can not support government run health care and not support the permanent government.

bruce MN
Advisor

If you read Lapham's commentary and came up with that then there is really not much that can be done for what it is that persistenly ails you. 

r3020
Senior Advisor

@bruce MN wrote:

If you read Lapham's commentary and came up with that then there is really not much that can be done for what it is that persistenly ails you. 

It was in response to the nonsense you have ever been against permanent government. You are just against filthy baggers being in government.