cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Twisted thoughts on the legal process

one would think that a lawyer would know about innocent until proven guilty.

https://townhall.com/columnists/calthomas/2019/06/04/robert-muellers-upsidedown-justice-n2547335

I sincerely hope that the real traitors get their day in court, and then in orange jumpsuits for a long, long time.

14 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Twisted thoughts on the legal process

Legality has nothing to do with a political coup de etât. 

Senior Contributor

Twisted thoughts is Indeed Correct

What you say is correct, however you have used it in the wrong context:

"One of the most sacred principles in the American criminal justice system, holding that a defendant is innocent until proven guilty. In other words, the prosecution must prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, each essential element of the crime charged."

Note that the person charged (a defendant) must be prosecuted under the "beyond a reasonable doubt" principal. So far, Trump has not been the subject of formal charges, is not a defendant, and is not under prosecution. If he was, he would indeed be innocent until proven guilty.

Being the POTUS, you would think Trump should know what the principal applies to................I understand if other people don't know, or have never considered that "beyond a reasonable doubt" applies to trials.

Senior Contributor

It is not man that will make certain they are tried, but God.  And I've seen all I need to see to know that it will happen not just after their passing, but it is happening in this present life.  

This is a historic time for the world.  Bonds of slavery are being broken not just in the United States but around the world.  

I want justice, I want the broken and the forgotten to see prosperity, compassion and love.  I want those that have trampled on them to be accountable for the misery they have committed, or forever turned in their ways.  

And I know that it is coming.   Judgement is at hand for the cabal.   

Veteran Contributor

I was reading the Muller story and noticed that it has a false beginning.  It says that it all started with a drunk Papadopoulos but everybody now knows that isn't true.  

Senior Advisor

Re: Twisted thoughts is Indeed Correct

Doesn't matter if you are under prosecution or not. The person is still innocent until proven guilty. The prosecution is to prove guilt. Until guilt is proven the person is innocent.

Senior Contributor

I figured this would be a little hard to understand...................I was right. No legal charges have been filed, so Trump is neither innocent or guilty, is not on trial in the courts (most agree he cannot be tried by anyone but the House and Senate), and has not even had an impeachment resolution introduced in the House. It's a moot point at this stage. So sorry, but I have made it as simple as I could.

Senior Contributor

based on your twisted reasoning, everyone in America would have to be charged with a crime to be presumed innocent. So, unless the local authorities arrest you and/or charge you with bank robbery, my presumption is that you are guilty of robbing the local bank, based on your reasoning, or at the least, not innocent.

Twisted, and more akin to something from Alice in Wonderland than to legal discourse. Try again.

Here is a cartoon throwing it back on the liberals...

https://townhall.com/political-cartoons/2019/06/05/165916

Senior Contributor

Dang it! Another one! If you are "everyone in America" you are not presumed anything because you are not charged with a crime. If you are charged with a crime, you are presumed innocent until proven guilty. Now how hard is that to understand? This is what I said.

This all is derived from the 6th Amendment of the Constitution.

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

Senior Advisor

So then Mueller's statements were just stupid. To bad he didn't consult you before he went to his retirement announcement press conference.