Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

US hospital treats Candian stuck on list

This will soon change.

snip-

Wayne Clark is one of the first and few Ontario patients to receive a stem cell transplant in Buffalo while hospitals in his home province sort through a capacity disaster.

After nine months of outpatient chemotherapy for a blood disorder that could escalate to acute leukemia, Clark, now 71, was offered a shot in September 2015 to bypass the lengthy waiting list at Juravinski Hospital in Hamilton. At the time, he was one of nearly 200 Ontario patients on the waiting list for a stem cell transplant. His body was ready for a transplant four months earlier, but Juravinski couldn’t schedule one because of its heavy caseload.

However, Ontario’s Ministry of Health had struck deals with three U.S. hospitals — Roswell Park Cancer Institute in Buffalo, Karmanos Cancer Institute in Detroit and the Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland — to provide stem cell transplants to patients from the province.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2016/04/19/ontario-cancer-patient-cant-say-enough-about-buffalo-s...

4 Replies

Re: US hospital treats Candian stuck on list

Well, at least the ACA has given you the opportunity to contribute fully to our superior system, rather than getting a highly preferential rate for not having a pre-existing condition.

BTW, Kasich recently stated essentially that the GOP shares blame for the ACA because they had an abundance of time in power when they could have figured out how to do that.

r3020
Senior Advisor

If you have a pre-existing condition in Canada you go to the US or die. Great way to make health care affordable.

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

I have no idea what a candian is.

But I think you should be spending your time worrying about the ZIKA virus this summer and all the abortions that will be necessary.

@NewAgJudge wrote:

I have no idea what a candian is.

Isn't that a fellar that like to lick on 'lolly pops'?