cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Re: US to halt use of J&J vaccine

I'm through the course with Pfizer but having reviewed the data on J&J and AZ, I'd take either today if I wasn't and they were what was available.

I'm not in the groups that appear to have ever so slightly elevated risk from them, so might as well take 'em and leave the Pfizer and Moderna for those who are.

Hittin' that beach for the good ol' USA, baby!

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

As far as I know at this moment there's only one death and 5 additional acute illnesses associated with the JJ vaccine.

And as far as acute illnesses go, the 125 deaths/M from Covid in that demo would be many, many times less than the number of acute illnesses.

So the argument is actually far more compelling than the previous compelling argument.

r3020
Senior Advisor

And yet St. Fauci shut it down. He must own Pfizer stock. Sure can't be the science. Of course you have to remember he is on the side that is too stupid to know the difference between a boy and a girl. Here's a thought for you nQx, why not take all of those J&J doses down to the border and inject every person that comes across the southern border. No Jab, no entry.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Would in fact ship tons of that and the AZ- which we also have a large stockpile of-to Brazil and MX. I think we've got enough Pfizer and Moderna at this point.

Have to do a lot of legalin', though, since the Dennison contract forbids it.

I think an FDR style lend-lease would be good.

You guys sure do get testy when it turns out that the one of the Trump* Miracle Vaccines is slightly less than perfect.

What a bunch of idiots.

*Reality TV Jonas Salk.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

It appears the "hoarding clause" wasn't put into the Warp Speed contracts for nationalist reasons, but because in order to induce the companies to move at unprecedented speed they gave them a full liability waiver but that only extends to US usage.

There are ways around that.

Although countdown to when the hollerin' starts from the usual suspects if Biden makes a move in that direction.

Turdy, has anybody called you an idiot troll lately?

r3020
Senior Advisor

You claim it to be safe. Why not demand that anyone who wants to enter this country receive the vaccine first. We have it. Use it. If they refuse they can turn around and walk home. I'm agreeing with you and you suddenly get all bent out of shape.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

You claim it to be safe. Why not demand that anyone who wants to enter this country receive the vaccine first. We have it. Use it. If they refuse they can turn around and walk home. I'm agreeing with you and you suddenly get all bent out of shape.

I'd just say again what I have in the past, cause the math has not changed.  The risk is an easy assessment.  If you're in a high risk category take the vaccine.  Old and senile like nox, you definitely should.

Nearly no healthy 18 yos have died from corona.   In the entirety of the USA somewhere around 3500 people under 25 have died, nearly all had some underlying condition. 

Risks for other ages and health profiles varies but the numbers exist for appraisal.

The risk for the vaccines can not be assessed because no one knows at this time exactly what those might be.  Anyone who tells you otherwise is lying.   In the past drugs and vaccines have been called safe, released and have been used for years until the harm they caused were realized.  Anyone who tells you otherwise is lying.

Assess for yourself where the risks lie.

gurly3801539
Advisor

A little ironic you used measles vaccine as an example. The early measles vaccine worked very well against the measles but caused the immune system to "forget " some other diseases, however this was discovered and fixed after some time. My only concern with corona vaccines is the lack of time for follow up because we needed something fast. I'm not saying don't get vaccinated (I have been) and I don't believe there is an intentional trigger in them, just some unintended problems could possibly show up later.  I just decided for myself at my age it was well worth the risk. 

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

I'm not personally concerned about mRNA vaccines.

Some have tried to call the primary characteristic of the vaccine hesitant as "distrust of authority."

But given that it also strongly correlates with authoritarianism, I don't think that captures it.

More like in Idiocracy- distrust of people who talk smart.

RJG640v8
Senior Contributor

@sdholloway56 wrote:

I'm not personally concerned about mRNA vaccines.

Some have tried to call the primary characteristic of the vaccine hesitant as "distrust of authority."

But given that it also strongly correlates with authoritarianism, I don't think that captures it.

More like in Idiocracy- distrust of people who talk smart.

got my 2nd Pfizer a couple days ago , no side effects , well..., other than I blurt out random stuff in JavaScript now.

damn microchip...