cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

Un and US elections

May be the UN should also decide who pays for birth control in the US.

snip-

But while these domestic fights are underway, the NAACP is taking the issue of voter-ID laws to the United Nations Human Rights Council (the successor to the Human Rights Commission), claiming that such ballot-box integrity measures violate the human rights of racial minorities under international law.

So they go to the United Nations. Specifically, to a body tasked with protecting human rights. Just to be clear, the nations comprising this supposed champion of human rights include dictatorial and authoritarian regimes like China, Cuba, and Russia.

Let’s give the NAACP credit; they went to the undisputed experts on this subject. They’ve taken this issue of ballot-box integrity to nations that know all about voter fraud and rigging elections, because they do it all the time. Maybe these nations could even provide pointers, as Vladimir Putin’s “election” makes crystal-clear that some of those nations have written the book when it comes to subverting the democratic process.

http://townhall.com/columnists/kenblackwell/2012/03/13/voterid_insanity_at_doj_going_to_the_united_n...

14 Replies
hardnox604008
Advisor

Re: Un and US elections

I wish Mr. Blackwell success in his new career as an expert on election integrity.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Shift the focus - check

Ignore the facts - check

2/3 of the way there.

hardnox604008
Advisor

The first clue that a modern republican is getting ready to pull something is when he accuses you of it first.

BTW, here is a bit of background on a loyal republican IT guy who had been subpoenaed in the Blackwell case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Connell

bruce MN
Advisor

If the topic is elections there can be no more  a relevant,  prescient, applicable "fact" to be considered than Kenneth Blackwell.

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Maybe they'll suggest a indelible dye on the thumb, like the Iraq voters got?

It would at least keep people from voting twice.

hardnox604008
Advisor

RFK Jr.'s Rolling Stone piece

http://www.commondreams.org/views06/0601-34.htm

"But despite the media blackout, indications continued to emerge that something deeply troubling had taken place in 2004. Nearly half of the 6 million American voters living abroad(3) never received their ballots -- or received them too late to vote(4) -- after the Pentagon unaccountably shut down a state-of-the-art Web site used to file overseas registrations.(5) A consulting firm called Sproul & Associates, which was hired by the Republican National Committee to register voters in six battleground states,(6) was discovered shredding Democratic registrations.(7) In New Mexico, which was decided by 5,988 votes,(8) malfunctioning machines mysteriously failed to properly register a presidential vote on more than 20,000 ballots.(9) Nationwide, according to the federal commission charged with implementing election reforms, as many as 1 million ballots were spoiled by faulty voting equipment -- roughly one for every 100 cast.(10)

The reports were especially disturbing in Ohio, the critical battleground state that clinched Bush's victory in the electoral college. Officials there purged tens of thousands of eligible voters from the rolls, neglected to process registration cards generated by Democratic voter drives, shortchanged Democratic precincts when they allocated voting machines and illegally derailed a recount that could have given Kerry the presidency. A precinct in an evangelical church in Miami County recorded an impossibly high turnout of ninety-eight percent, while a polling place in inner-city Cleveland recorded an equally impossible turnout of only seven percent. In Warren County, GOP election officials even invented a nonexistent terrorist threat to bar the media from monitoring the official vote count.(11)"

I've always found elements of this credible. I also tend to believe that the "Don't Taze Me, Dude" dude at UF was probably on to something in questioning Kerry as to why he immediately rolled over and conceded. It seems not impossible to me that both sides of the bet were covered.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

From what I read, it sounds like although there was voter fraud in Russia, polls do show that a majority of Russians actually favor Vladmir Putin and want his leadership. So you can make an argument that democracy actually is working in Russia, although some may not like the result.

Putin seems to have been a good leader for the Russians, looking after their national interests in ways that our own leaders could very well emulate. If he did indeed issue an arrest warrant for George Soros for international financial terrorism, he is way ahead of our own regulatory system. Putin also  has the good sense to have withdrawn his troops from that hellhole called Afghanistan. THe place where empires go to die.

Still amazes me how many Americans will think that their individual interests coincide with those of a convicted (by France) terrorist and bankster con like George Soros.

You can fool some of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time. Looks like we have a batch that is made up of the latter category.

hardnox604008
Advisor

I should have added "he accuses you of it first" and then gets the loyal troops yammering about it until in a short while it is absolute truth in their minds in the sort of Bachmannesque form of truth that rules the day.

Which is to say that it doesn't really matter if it is technically true because it ought to be.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Bush just could not have won honestly

Either in 2000, or in 2004. Americans just are not that stupid, right?