cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Re: Uness there is another war....

Senior Advisor

The Keystone pipeline is about high paying American jobs.

Advisor

Bruce, good post, your research is impressive.

Veteran Advisor

Would that be the party that cut Medicare funding, or the one that reduced SS taxes, which will make it start losing money quicker?

Like I said, if you think the problem is 100% with one party, I would have to disagree.

Veteran Advisor

I think you are under the misguided conception that it is going to Asia.  The refined product is a commodity, much like corn, or soybeans, which goes to wherever the market is.  I am sure any surplus will go to the highest bidder, like any other commodity.

When you raised corn, soybeans or whatever, did you raise it, only on the condition that it NOT be exported? 

At least this way, there are American jobs to be had, at the refineries, even if the oil goes somewhere else.  If it is piped to the Canadian coast, and refined there, no American jobs are to be had. 
Make no mistake, the tar sands oil is going to be developed one way or another.  Why not be in on it?

Veteran Advisor

I thought we were supposed to not go to war again for oil, as it was bankrupting the country.  So now, we are not supposed to help develop Canadian oil?  Where will we get it from then?  Iraq?  Libya???

Veteran Advisor

Re: UNLESS there is another war....

I read your excerpt and would agree that people that don't aspire to create their own businesses, control their own destinies, and keep the freedom to make their own choices are going to vote in droves for Obama versus any republican candidate. What else is new.?

This class warfare scheme, to make the top earners seem evil, helps no one. Why not advance the discussion on what the lower earning class in America can do to better themselves? I come from a family of four where we grew up below the poverty line, and three of the four siblings are probably close to 1% 'rs today....from thrift, working more than one job, etc. Instead of focusing on what the government should do for others, why not advance the heretical notion of people doing things for themselves?

THis old refrain gets really tiresome to listen to.

Advisor

" and three of the four siblings are probably close to 1% 'rs today"   I kinda think you may be rather rich, but don't understand how much the 1%ers have.  How many ski chalets in Austria, Aspen, Jackson hole, etc., flats in Paris does your clan own, how big are your yachts, how many 2-300 million dollar homes does each of them own?.. http://www.globalrichlist.com/

Veteran Advisor

I certainlyt don't begrudge wnyone who has "made it" but what bothers me is that the vast majority of those kind of folks don't pay near what the law on taxes say they should according to the tax brackets.  I pay real close to the % that my income level bracket says I should and I think they should also.  I'm not worried about how much they make as long as how they do it is legit but I do wish they would pay closer to the 35% they are supposed to.

Veteran Advisor

income vs net wealth.

did you know that the Walmart heirs have a net worth that is greater than the entire 40% or so of the bottom Americans collectively put together?

This sounds pretty bad until you research it and find out that anyone debt free with a penny has a net worth of more that about 25% of Americans that are insolvent due to the housing collapse. Check you pockets for change...you might be doing way better than you think.