cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Unions turn on dems over Keystone

Hey Bart, are these the union laborers you say are too stupid and incompetent to build a pipeline that won't leak.

snip-

A letter distributed Friday by the Laborers' International Union of North  America (LIUNA) to the districts of 27 House Democrats calls for union members  to make sure their representative "feels the power and the fury of LIUNA this  November."

Their crime: signing a letter to  Secretary of State John Kerry last month urging him to reject  Keystone, which would carry oil sands from Canada to Gulf Coast refineries.

"Your member of Congress is trying to destroy job  opportunities for our LIUNA brothers and sisters," said the letter signed by  Terry O'Sullivan, the general president of LIUNA.

"For every action, there is a reaction, and our reaction to this frontal assault  on our way of life needs to be loud and clear. If you do not stand with us, we  sure as hell will not stand with you," O'Sullivan wrote, noting the jobs  Keystone would create for union members.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/e2-wire/e2-wire/203379-union-threatens-retribution-for-house-dems-opposing-...

15 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Unions turn on dems over Keystone

Hey, which of the ass sisters are you?  Wise, smart or dumb.  Show where I ever said anything like that.  C'mon now be a big boy and post the part where I said that.  Either post it or STFU!!

Senior Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:

Hey, which of the ass sisters are you?  Wise, smart or dumb.  Show where I ever said anything like that.  C'mon now be a big boy and post the part where I said that.  Either post it or STFU!!

I apologize Bart. I thought you were the one who said the keystone pipeline couldn't be trusted not to leak and so should never be built.

Anyway, the unions are turning on the demrats because they want the work.

Senior Advisor

Hey Bart, aren't you the one who linked the Van Jones story a while back talking about how the Keystone pipeline would be an environmental disaster because of leaks?

Senior Contributor

Don't worry, turdy, the unions will be there for the Democrats when it counts.

Veteran Advisor

Yes, I did but I never said anything about unions or union workers. The Canadian company who was doing the welding was checked and many bad welds were found. I have no idea if they are union or not but doubt that a Canadian company would have employees who were in an American union. So I guess that means you are going to STFU!!
Senior Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:
Yes, I did but I never said anything about unions or union workers. The Canadian company who was doing the welding was checked and many bad welds were found. I have no idea if they are union or not but doubt that a Canadian company would have employees who were in an American union. So I guess that means you are going to STFU!!

If our unuion workers aren't doing the work why are they upset with the dems for blocking the pipeline?

Veteran Advisor

I suppose that they would be working if or when the pipe line gets into the states. I don't know. You seem to be more excited about it. Don't you know?
Senior Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:
I suppose that they would be working if or when the pipe line gets into the states. I don't know. You seem to be more excited about it. Don't you know?

I say the pipeline needs to be built and our union workers are the one who should and will build it. I know they can build a pipeline that is environmentally sound and safe. Hopeful they will wake up to the fact the Obama administration is not looking out for their best interest or the best interest of the country and will donate and vote accordingly. You can side with Van Jones, I will side with the American worker.

Veteran Advisor

I am siding with the facts. And the facts are that thus far, the welds have been proven faulty in far too many cases to be safe. When they can provide first time safe welds, then I will be for it as long as the oil goes to our refineries for American use and not just canadian oil shipped off to china. And don't throw up the "permanent jobs created" because everything I have seen is that less than 100 permanent American jobs will be created!

One more thing--do you live in NE where the aquifer is?