cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: Unusual logic

You are almost as bad (stupid) as 20.  I am already different than the rich guys!  I pay SS and Medicare tax on every penny I make.  They don't.  It would be great if they had to pay that tax on every penny they make but they don't have to.  Even if the cap was raised to just $300,000 for the rich, the treasury for the SS benefit would be in great shape and poor ol' ba would get his SS when he decides to retire!

man of steel
Senior Contributor

Yes! To a lib, I can see where it might be irrespnsable and stupid to side with the property rights of others....

Polaris Racer
Senior Contributor

"You are almost as bad (stupid) as 20."

How did you ever pass the ASVAB test?

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Yes, a lib does worry about people who don't have to pay the same tax on income that I do.  They are playing you fools for all you are worth which is a long, long way from what they are worth.  They earn the money here (most of it anyway) and are in the same tax system that everyone here is in but they get most of their income excluded and you don't and I don't either!  Some day you will wake up. I just hope it isn't too late when you folks do it!!!

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Don't have the slightest idea since I don't have a clue as to what that could possibly be!!

Polaris Racer
Senior Contributor

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Didn't the Post Office give you this?

https://www.socialsecurity.gov/pubs/EN-05-10045.pdf

I doubt that you and your spouses are not going to recoup every penny and more that you paid in.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: Didn't the Post Office give you this?

Yeah, they gave it to me for sure.  Now tell me why there is such a thing as WEP?  Did I not pay into SS in every job I ever had except the PO?  Why should I be penalized because I retired from a job that I paid into my retirement also.  I paid into both and should be able to get both.  Oh, I know you don't think so but I couldn't care less what your jealous mind thinks.  I'm not at all sure I will collect all that I contributed plus the interest it has earned.  Maybe if I live another 15-20 years.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

They didn't have that when I enlisted.  It didn't start until 1980.  We took the AFQT and the GT tests.  Both of which are qualifiers for Craig's favorite talking point---MENSA.  A score of 136 on the QT qualifies you for that organization.  BTW, the ASVAB is NOT a qualifier for MENSA.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

You are not telling the truth Bart...you didn't pay SS tax on your postal earnings.