cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Re: Didn't the Post Office give you this?

you ARE getting both. Quit whinning.

SS is a welfare program of sorts wtih larger benefits going to lower earning individuals and families. You are not in that group.

Typical liberal whiner.

As Shifty would say, you would whine if they hung you with a new rope.

Senior Contributor

Re: Unusual logic

Even better for them.  They get the perks of not contributing to SS (which means yours and others) and don't have to do mutter a word over your corpse.   

Senior Contributor

His postal benefits were earned as part of his job. I don't know why you folks think that benefits are charity when they earned them as apart of their compensation for the labor they provided.

You are not alone in that others are trouble about double dipping when the double dippers earned the benefits by the furit of their labor. Then you worry about folks that draw benefits a long time and say nothing about those that draw nothing. Like any other insurance bought there are winners and losers. Those that don't have a claim pay for those that do. That is why it is called old aged and survivors insurance.

Veteran Advisor

You're right.  However, I said that I have to pay that tax on every penny I EARN not earned,  I didn't into SS but I did into Civil Service.   I also pay into SS on the part time work I do now.  The point is the rich guys stop paying at about $120K.

Veteran Advisor

You know what I whine about and I'll keep on whining about it--the fact that you jerks keep supporting the sobs who don't give a rat's patooty about you or me.  All they are interested in is how to get more money and you guys keep electing people that make sure they and their controllers keep getting all that money.  And NO I don't all I should because of the stupid WEP which says it doesn't matter how much I paid into SS, nor how much I get working my butt off delivering mail, they will take 50% of it away.  You are a typical repub dirtbag--always complaining that some liberal might get something you might not be able to get.  Well, buster, shove it!

Veteran Advisor

Don, these guys will never admit that it isn't welfare.  At least not until they become eligible and turn it down, and then, if I am still around, I will give them a week to draw a crowd and then I will kiss all their butts!!!  I know I don't have to worry about seeing their smelly rear ends!!!

Senior Contributor

Riddle me this.  How many changes have been made since inception by those setting the rules but don't have to abide by them?  How many times has the system been robbed?  How many people have collected from the system while not putting ANYTHING in?  These are not laws of averages lifespan issues.  It is all proof that government mandated programs only benefit the upper tier of society, really those in control.  Yeah you think cause you beat the law of averages your golden, but placing those funds in most any other place would have been more beneficial.  Seriously, in 25 years when I am of sufficient age to collect you think it will be there?  Very long shot and if a miracle happens the age will most likely have been changed and will have to wait another 5 years.  Oh well I guess those are the laws of averages.  I am not trying to be an a-hole or overaly cynical.  Just been around long enough to realize government, in and of itself, is inherintly evil.  So I try to scrape up whatever is left to try to put in SEP account, my wifes 401K, gold buried in the backyard, etc.  Anything I can because I know this worthless government will try to suck everything it can from me and my family and what I am required to cough up will be wasted and absent when I might be of age to collect.  All the while the evil empire is completely broke and will want even more.  Sickening.

Senior Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:

That is your biggest problem 20.  You never understand anything that someone posts.  You just look at it and start making crap up.  Nothing you said is anywhere near what I posted.  If you can't understand something, ask and I will break it down so that you and the other 1st graders can grasp the meaning!

Once you break a contract it is much easier to make it say anything you want with the stroke of a pen. It is you who wants to end social security as a retirement insurance program and turn it into another social welfare program. Guess what, you make too much to draw benefits. Those fund are needed for the truely needy.

Veteran Advisor

You have no idea how much money I make.  Everything I get, I worked hard for and yet our govt has said "you can't get what you should based on what you paid into it because you already have a federal pension!"  You are the people who want to turn over all that money in SS over to the crooks on Wall Street so don't even think about saying that I want it to be a welfare program!!  You're as screwed up as always!

Veteran Advisor

3020, what Bart is getting is the same return as any other  person making  much more than $50,000 a year....the SS benefits are figured usng 40% replacement rather than 90% replacement...the return on SS investments is heavily skewed to reward the lower earning folks with higher SS checks.

Bart is blessed with a higher retirement earnings profile, because of the postal retirement, and doesnt think this is very "fair". The US government saw that government retirees were being rewarded with getting the profile of a $20,000 per year earner, and rectified this. So the ones that retired before about 1983 were not penalized, but were actually rewarded unjustly. What Bart thinks is "unfair" is that those that went before him got to double dip unjustly.

Pretty soon he will be forced to go to Mexico for dental work, too, and will join Shifty in rectifying what he perceives to be a great evil perpetuated on him by his own government.

These azzhats are laughable at times.