cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Us single payer in action

Death and savings through the long lines of rationing. The Reid/Pelosi visioin for the future of American Health care. This is the death panel in action.

snip-

A whistleblower is alleging that a Veterans Affairs clinic in  Albuquerque, N.M., is destroying evidence of a secret waiting list for veterans  seeking care.

“The ‘secret wait list’ for patient appointments is being either  moved or was destroyed after what happened in Phoenix,” a doctor who works at  the Albuquerque VA hospital told The Daily Beast.

“Right now ... there is an eight-month waiting list for patients to  get ultrasounds of their hearts. Some patients have died before they got their  studies. It is unknown why they died, some for cardiac reasons, some for other  reasons," the doctor said.

Among the veterans on the  waiting list were veterans with serious heart conditions, gangrene and even  brain tumors, the doctor alleged.

The report also  said that veterans with heart problems are waiting an average of four months to  see a cardiologist at the Albuquerque clinic.

The  whistleblower said at any given time, only three of eight physicians in the  cardiology department are in the clinic, and they each see fewer than two per  day — a pace far slower than at private practices.

Read more: http://thehill.com/policy/defense/206483-whistleblower-alleges-va-clinic-is-destroying-evidence#ixzz...

23 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Us single payer in action

Enlighten me--how does a secret waiting list work?  How is it different from a regular waiting list?  Maybe the problem could be solved with the Senate gop members voting to pass a greater benefit bill for veterans rather than killing it on party lines.  Maybe more Drs and and facilities to work the VA is what is needed.  Fill me in please!

Senior Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:

Enlighten me--how does a secret waiting list work?  How is it different from a regular waiting list?  Maybe the problem could be solved with the Senate gop members voting to pass a greater benefit bill for veterans rather than killing it on party lines.  Maybe more Drs and and facilities to work the VA is what is needed.  Fill me in please!

Why do we have plenty of money for the BLM but our veterans die waiting on secret waiting list?

Senior Contributor

Well, bart, are you fully enlightened, by the turdies reply?? LOL!! What a waste of oxygen, is this idiot!

Senior Advisor

@GreaTOne_65 wrote:

Well, bart, are you fully enlightened, by the turdies reply?? LOL!! What a waste of oxygen, is this idiot!

Very Christian of you GTO. Veterans die from the lack of care they were promised and you make jokes. That's the progressive way.

Senior Contributor

the lists works this way, one list shows doctors seeing patients but it's bogus.  the other list shows the actual patients seen.  doctor that just came forward said they would only see a couple of patients in the morning for a couple of hours but the administration had books showing they had seen patients all day.

it's not a left/right thing and it's been going on.

Advisor

Looking for that missing Kudo button that they pulled on us. Slimeballs are slimeballs. Red or blue. It's a symptom of crass materialism and there are all sorts of degrees of rationalization that come into play with the pressures people put on themselves to be players.
Senior Advisor

@bruce MN wrote:
Looking for that missing Kudo button that they pulled on us. Slimeballs are slimeballs. Red or blue. It's a symptom of crass materialism and there are all sorts of degrees of rationalization that come into play with the pressures people put on themselves to be players.

THIS is how government care works. Sarah Palin was/is 100% correct. This is a death panel. This is US citizens dying in the long line of rationing. Government care = ration care.

Veteran Advisor

Perhaps you have never experienced what happens when a person becomes a govt employee. And, perhaps, you have not realized which party supports more involved govt.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt on this one.

I clearly see this a red vs blue issue, and exactly the reason why we want less govt involvement in sensitive areas like medical care, not more, espcecially when it comes to consumer choice, and patient/doctor relationships.

Tax credits to purchase health insurance and a plethora of choices for medical services competing for the consumer dollar would be my gold standard.

And , of course, free medical care for the indigent along with bread and circus. Gotta love that MN gets the superbowl in 2018.

Advisor

You mean its the nature of monopolistic bureaucracies, crass materialism is not reflected in shoddy slothful work or corruption, but you know people find what they look for.