cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

VA to pastor: don't read Scripture out loud.

Can't protect them from long rationing lines or disease but atleast they can protect them from the Christian ministers. That will be the first major push after we have single payor mcrammed down our throats and out our backsides, no more chapels or ministers in the hospitals. Another huge victory for the progressives.

snip-

EDITOR:

I went to the VA Hospital in Iron Mountain today on business. While there I stopped at the Chapel and found pinky-purple curtains with mesh at the top, covering the altar. (You know the type. They use them between sick patients in the hospital).

I stopped in my tracks, shocked at what I saw. I peeked behind the curtain, and found what used to be the welcoming part of the chapel, the Cross, a picture of Jesus, and other Christian icons familiar to the majority of Americans.

I found Chaplain Bob Mueller, to ask what the meaning was of this change. This is what he told me.

"A couple of months ago, an order came down from Washington DC to cover all things associated with Christianity in the VA. Their solution is to cover everything in all the VA Chapels across the country."

Chaplain Bob went on to say, "A few weeks ago an official from the Madison VA came down here to tell me to 'stop talking about Jesus, and to stop reading Scripture out loud.'"

Chaplain Bob also said that the rest of the Obama plan is to send more curtains to cover the rest of the stained glass windows, because there are Christian symbols on the stained glass.

These photos reveal future plans by the White House.

To use the same phrase President Obama so 'eloquently' used concerning other matters at the VA, 'I'm mad as hell..."

As Americans, we need to stand together to stop this insanity.

Patsy Norton

Kingsford

http://www.ironmountaindailynews.com/page/content.detail/id/546155/Stop-this-insanity.html?nav=5111

18 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: VA to pastor: don't read Scripture out loud.

Wouldn't it beseem logical that doing that would be much more cost efficient than retro-fitting every facility with images and represesntative staff from every other religion, superstition or cult that some Vet may follow or adhere to?

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@bruce MN wrote:

Wouldn't it beseem logical that doing that would be much more cost efficient than retro-fitting every facility with images and represesntative staff from every other religion, superstition or cult that some Vet may follow or adhere to?

Yeah, don't read Scripture out loud.......that's going to save a lot of money. Need to save it for Bradley Manning's sex change.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

You are really hung up on the government furnishing facilities to promote your gospel. Don't we already spend enough to promote your goofy religion.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

As usual your abnormal fear of persecution as caused you to miss the entire point. Yes you are being persecuted because you persecute gays. Seems pretty fair to me.
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:
As usual your abnormal fear of persecution as caused you to miss the entire point. Yes you are being persecuted because you persecute gays. Seems pretty fair to me.

So you view Christians as a group that needs to be persecuted.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Only those who denigrate gays and others with their NON- CHRISTIAN words and actions. You say Christians are persecuted but not all are.
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:
Only those who denigrate gays and others with their NON- CHRISTIAN words and actions. You say Christians are persecuted but not all are.

No they aren't. It is the ones the government has control over. As I say, government care is not about health care, it is about power and control. No more Christian prayers in the hospital. But approval and funding for sex change.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

You still don't get it. You have never been in the military so you have NO way of knowing anything about it. the military has always, as a whole, been NON-DENOMINATIONAL! But let's use your imagination, since you never wore a military uniform, that you are an ill Christian veteran in a VA hospital. A Christian chaplain comes to visit you. (He does this as his duty and has a list of all soldiers and veterans at that hospital who listed "Protestant" in their records. He comes and talks to you and you ask him to read from the Bible for you and pray with you. He can do that. What he CAN'T do is walk into a ward full of patients and have a Christian service in there with basically a captive audience. Been this way for at least 55 years. Once a month, we had a 3-4 hour block of training on various subjects including a NON-DENOMINATIONAL class taught by an Army chaplain. One month it might be a Baptist, the next a Catholic, and then a Rabbi and so on. They talked to us about living a moral and ethical life and how to handle life's challenges. They would end with a prayer. NO SIR, you as a group are NOT being persecuted in this country! Only those who preach against those who believe differently than they do.