cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: VA to pastor: don't read Scripture out loud.

They go out of their way for their persecution complex.

They are really upset now that they think the fact that cant openly discriminate is persecution...On THEM !  lol the rest of just laugh.

All they have to do is shut up, and pray in their closets or tax free church ( for now ) .

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Bart appears to have shut the gaping hole which 3020 uses as his mouth.

Be careful with the truth.
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:
You still don't get it. You have never been in the military so you have NO way of knowing anything about it. the military has always, as a whole, been NON-DENOMINATIONAL! But let's use your imagination, since you never wore a military uniform, that you are an ill Christian veteran in a VA hospital. A Christian chaplain comes to visit you. (He does this as his duty and has a list of all soldiers and veterans at that hospital who listed "Protestant" in their records. He comes and talks to you and you ask him to read from the Bible for you and pray with you. He can do that. What he CAN'T do is walk into a ward full of patients and have a Christian service in there with basically a captive audience. Been this way for at least 55 years. Once a month, we had a 3-4 hour block of training on various subjects including a NON-DENOMINATIONAL class taught by an Army chaplain. One month it might be a Baptist, the next a Catholic, and then a Rabbi and so on. They talked to us about living a moral and ethical life and how to handle life's challenges. They would end with a prayer. NO SIR, you as a group are NOT being persecuted in this country! Only those who preach against those who believe differently than they do.

How can he pray with a Veteran when he has been told not to read the Scripture out loud? I do believe you and I are on the same page here however becvause you also belive a Christian has a right to public prayer inside of a VA hospital. This is good.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I didn't say anything about public prayer. I said one on one.
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:
I didn't say anything about public prayer. I said one on one.

Yes, out loud in a public hospital.

Highlighted
Advisor

That's one hell of an outfit you're hooked up with there 30. http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5437666/. If you've not seen it check with your library or video store and see if you can get your hands on a copy of "The Magdeline Sisters".
Highlighted
Advisor

Just ran across an old but highly relevant joke....A teacher, a lawyer and a priest on a plane. The plane was going down and the teacher says, 'We have to save the children!' The attorney says 'F*** the children!' And the priest says 'OOOOH … Do we have time for that?" .
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@bruce MN wrote:
Just ran across an old but highly relevant joke....A teacher, a lawyer and a priest on a plane. The plane was going down and the teacher says, 'We have to save the children!' The attorney says 'F*** the children!' And the priest says 'OOOOH … Do we have time for that?" .

So you have to go back to something that happened 50-80 years ago in a foriegn country but say nothing about the abuse that goes on in hollywood today or the millions slaughtered in the womb. Wow, that was a funny joke. Were they enroute to watch the lastest hollywood flix?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Oooooooh. Did that touch your precious little religious ears? How sad. Poor old 3020 doesn't like people mocking religion.

Ooooooo(collective sigh).