cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
10 Replies
bruce MN
Advisor

Re: Vice President Harass

Re: the priests, the wire has been overloaded about her being rabidly anti-catholic 

Odd that she wouldn’t have taken the opportunity to “nail one to the cross”.

As for religion seeping into this Presidential campaign, this isn’t 1960.

It is, however , in a very real way becoming 1968. 

gh2002gh
Senior Contributor

Re: Vice President Harass

@bruce MN wrote:

Re: the priests, the wire has been overloaded about her being rabidly anti-catholic 

Odd that she wouldn’t have taken the opportunity to “nail one to the cross”.

Not odd at all.  The fascists have overlooked the crimes of their co-conspirators for centuries.

bruce MN
Advisor

Folks seem to like her...more than Joe...even some Republicans

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-harris-poll-exclusive/exclusive-harris-could-help-bi...

But then, I suppose if Joe is airborne on his way to a cell in Kiev come Monday the party and the Courts will have to decide who is actually going to run.

WCMO
Senior Advisor

Re: Folks seem to like her...more than Joe...even some Republicans

Biden's "popularity" was relative to the rest of the Democratic pack.  Alone, his odds of being elected are, at best, similar to Hillary.  I don't really see Kamala Harris improving those odds any, and in fact, can see her again alienating a sizeable chunk of independent voters.  Will be interesting to see how actual "black" voters sum her up in the coming weeks.

bruce MN
Advisor

Sensing here inspiration for turnout more than anything.

And a possible willingness on the part of Congress  to deal with  this USPS nuking that is coming right out into the open on the part of Dennison and the RNC. 

Flirting with potential articles of impeachment again.  And risking rebuke by the highest Courts. Which would be an electability killer.

bruce MN
Advisor

Founder Ben Franklin spinning.....

WCMO
Senior Advisor

On post office -- read several articles last couple days, along with the Democratic spin narrative.  Can't really see how some reorganization, updating and efficiency measures will hurt the post office beyond the next few weeks.  Most of the accusations in the articles are premature, but if they want to "investigate", I'm sure that will help the situation, not.  Local central democratic committee put a series of article links on social media yesterday -- I read them all, all seem to be knee-jerk reactions based on emotion and hearsay, and none of them represent any kind of analysis of relevant facts -- sounds more like the postal workers union rallying to preserve status quo.  As for costs/delays relative to mail-in voting -- you get what you pay for -- you want first-class delivery, pay for it -- you pay other lower rates, you get what you pay for -- you want it post-marked by a certain date, then get it to the post office on time.

gurly3801539
Advisor

you want it post-marked by a certain date, then get it to the post office on time.

I think this can work, but we need to put the rules out to the public clearly and have solid deadlines and not amend the rules as we go. 

bruce MN
Advisor

But terminally cripple the USPS regardless? Election notwithstanding?