cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Vilsack/King debate

King wasn't great, but Vilsack was in way over her head.  She couldnt get past using King's name not only in every response, but in nearly every sentence.  She spouted off rhetoric about King, esp in budget matters, that were false and easily refutable.  She also tried to hold King alone responsible for our national debt...apparently she's oblivious to the $6 TRILLION Obama has run the debt up in four years. 

She did herself no favors with that debate. 

10 Replies
Advisor

Re: Vilsack/King debate

What is the debate over? Is Ms. Vilsak running against Congressman King?
Senior Contributor

Right.  Tom Vilsack's wife 'moved' to the new 4th district and is trying to unseat King.  She's got a long road to hoe as the new 4th encompasses much of King's old district as well as some of Tom Latham's old district.  If she makes this thing even competitive, I'll be surprised. 

Senior Contributor

@Jim B. in Iowa wrote:

She's got a long road to hoe .... 

Row, not road. Why would one hoe a road?Smiley Happy

Senior Contributor

Indeed.  I don't know that I've ever written that phrase out.  Didn't even think about it.  Thx.

Senior Advisor

Maybe King rode a ho at some point in time.

Advisor

But probably not for very long.  Repressed men as obsessed as he is with percieved perversion usually challenge the land speed record when faced with opportunity.

Senior Contributor

I do love the way we screw up sayings.....oh!, and lyrics! But I like to blame that on the drunken, drugged out musicians

Senior Contributor

Your wife?

Senior Advisor

Sometimes it is incredibly amusing the contrast between what is said and what is heard.

It was brought home when we had italian guests about a month ago. She couldn't speak english and I couldn't hear or comprehend italian.