cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visit from Denmark

Hi

A call for help from a couple of farmers  from Denmark visiting California in November

Woundering if anyone in this forum could help us with some information about any  farmshows, rural/lifestyleshows that is going in California between the 10 and 23 of November.

Of just if a machinery dealer has open days in this period.

We are a traveling from San Francisco and south to San Diego with a couple of visits in land

Also are we interested in getting in touch with mfg/user of hay rebailing systems. Particular double compressing of bigbales

any respons will be appreciated

Thansk in advance'

Regards

Knud

7 Replies
Senior Advisor

Re: Visit from Denmark

Knud, most of us on this forum are from the central US, the corn belt. Hope some one can help you out. Your best bet might be to google California farm shows or try to get in touch with the chamber of commerce from any of the cities you plan to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay.

!Re: Visit from Denmark

thanks

I was not aware of this- though it was used by all american farmers a.o.

Will keep on searching ! Very sure we will get a great time in California

Senior Advisor

Re: !Re: Visit from Denmark

@knud.bay-smidt wrote:

thanks

I was not aware of this- though it was used by all american farmers a.o.

Will keep on searching ! Very sure we will get a great time in California

Well check back. There might be a few west coasties on here.

Senior Contributor

Don't forget your bible mate. It is very useful among those in the US.

Senior Contributor

As 3020 indicated there does not seem to many from California on this site.

Gough is from Australia and I am frrom Ontario, Canada but California visitors seem rare.

There are other sites that may have people from California visit them.

There is one that seems to ban people who visit this site maybe someone could give you that address to check out.

Other sites I visit are regional here in Ontario.

Hope you have a great visit but maybe more hay is grown in areas outside of California.

Veteran Advisor

Re: !Re: Visit from Denmark

I thought I saw a few from time to time. However, this site is geared towards row crops, and some to cattle. California has a lot of specialty crop, fruits, tree groves, that sort of thing you don't find much of in the Midwest. Good luck on finding someone helpful, and if you ever head farther East, I'm a little over an hour North of I-80 and have given informal tours before. Would be glad to take an afternoon to show someone around.
Senior Advisor

If you do a google search

for hay production or marketing in california, you will bring up some possible contacts.