cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Come on, guys

The secret is to make personal identification available to all. Their birth records should be available at a public courthouse and a photgraphic personal id should cost the voter nothing. It need not be a drivers license or a SS card or a fishing and hunting license. It should be a voter id only and the government should enable the citizen toget that id without cost and without difficulty.

However, just to make it clear, I am certain the voter suppression is the only objective of those republican legislators that are enacting those laws. If you are honest you would recognize that.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

There probably are some people out there, who wouldn't be bothered by voter suppression, just like on the other end of the spectrum, there are those who vote more than once, or fill in a ballot in the name of a dead person.

However, I don't think that we should cave in to either extreme, but rather try to make it not only easy to vote, but hard to cheat.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Voter ID question

I don't normally say bad things about people, but you really must give your anus a break from typing and try and use your fingers and your brain.

Further down, we have a good solution. Make ID easy to get, free and very reliable and require it for voting. Neither party will like that, so it must be a good solution. The Democrats won't like ID requirements because lazy people might not get an ID and it makes it harder to go on voter registration campaigns. The Republicans won't like that it enables all voters who actually want to vote and eliminates voter fraud claims. In other words, it's perfect.

Or, keep typing with your anus and using demonizing tactics against those you oppose; that'l work for the old anus perfectly fine.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

That type of registration is what every country, especially ours needs. Neither party would like it, so it must be good.

Once you have an ID, you only get one vote with it. Easy to get and reliable.

Highlighted
Advisor

I don't think that one can reasonably oppose voter ID if the following qualifications are met:

- there is a great deal of lead time and a substantial investment in public education.

- there are several options for acceptable types of ID and none of them involve onerous requirements.

Highlighted
Advisor

If we were still a republic whose government was limited and mostly left people alone.  If we were a nation that had any respect for the individual, instead of one who creates the rationalizations for its ownership of you.  I wouldn't really care who voted.  We've abandon the idea that the minority has rights that cannot be violated.