cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?

That 181 k people that filled those new jobs in July?

That 142 k people that filled those jobs in August?

Who are they? Mitt asserted that they were all lazy assed bums that were happy to be on welfare and determined to vote for Obama to continue the filthy lucre from the US treasury.

Why would any of them apply for a job? They had it made and wanted to keep it that way.

Magically, Mitt has changed his tune. A new improved Mitt appeared on the scene wednesday night. One that isn't going to cut taxes by 20%. One that isn't going to devastate medicare. The one that transformed himself into mr all around good guy. All of a sudden he has empathy for the less fortunate. Too bad he doesn't have empathy for Big Bird or Elmo! 

The new mittster. Perhaps now even Obama is tempted to vote for him!

21 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?

@kraft-t wrote:

That 181 k people that filled those new jobs in July?

That 142 k people that filled those jobs in August?

Both good news.

Who are they? Mitt asserted that they were all lazy assed bums that were happy to be on welfare and determined to vote for Obama to continue the filthy lucre from the US treasury.

I don't belive he ever said that.

Why would any of them apply for a job? They had it made and wanted to keep it that way.

While most people want to work, there are plenty who are happy just riding the gravy train. 

Magically, Mitt has changed his tune. A new improved Mitt appeared on the scene wednesday night. One that isn't going to cut taxes by 20%.

I did not know that was on his platform.

One that isn't going to devastate medicare.

What, exactly was his plan, to 'devastate' medicare?

Besides, the only actual cut to medicare, came under the Obama administration.

The one that transformed himself into mr all around good guy. All of a sudden he has empathy for the less fortunate. Too bad he doesn't have empathy for Big Bird or Elmo! 

Big Bird and Elmo, make upteen millions of dollars.  Can you please explain to me, why they need to be subsidized?  They are making HUGE profits, while drawing a subsidy.  If we are going to fund PBS, why not some sort of means testing?  I thought Liberals were for helping out the downtrodden, not enrichening the already rich.

The new mittster. Perhaps now even Obama is tempted to vote for him!

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Remember when???

Bush had similar numbers with a ton of part time jobs....and guys like you and 'bart cried that "those are just Mcdonald's jobs, those are real, wage-earning jobs".

With the left's selective memory, I "doubt" you do. 

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

PBS Does not own Sesame Street

NEBRFARMR wrote, "Big Bird and Elmo, make upteen millions of dollars.  Can you please explain to me, why they need to be subsidized?  They are making HUGE profits, while drawing a subsidy.  If we are going to fund PBS, why not some sort of means testing?  I thought Liberals were for helping out the downtrodden, not enrichening the already rich."

Only problem with that is PBS does not own Sesame Street or big bird or any of those others like Elmo. Initially, the company that produced Sesame Street (Children's Television Workshop - CTW but now Sesame Workshop) was partly funded by the government for children's education, but in 1981 the government withdrew funding from CTW. Also I suspect that PBS has to pay Sesame Workshop to air Seasame Street. Just a minor bit of trivia to set the record straight there. PBS does receive Federal Funds, but not CTW.

All those toys are licensed out to various companies by Sesame Workshop and books are published I believe by Random House.

more - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sesame_Street

And - http://www.pressarchive.net/a.php?id=227403769&n=1&nDoLib=1&ac39=iwqjbqn&z=0&s=&a=&a2=

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: PBS Does not own Sesame Street

So, is the President's reference to Big Bird, and Elmo, a bunch of baloney?

Or was Romney's reference to PBS baloney?

Or are they both full of baloney, and just trying to score political points?

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@KNAPPer wrote:

NEBRFARMR wrote, "Big Bird and Elmo, make upteen millions of dollars.  Can you please explain to me, why they need to be subsidized?  They are making HUGE profits, while drawing a subsidy.  If we are going to fund PBS, why not some sort of means testing?  I thought Liberals were for helping out the downtrodden, not enrichening the already rich."

Only problem with that is PBS does not own Sesame Street or big bird or any of those others like Elmo. Initially, the company that produced Sesame Street (Children's Television Workshop - CTW but now Sesame Workshop) was partly funded by the government for children's education, but in 1981 the government withdrew funding from CTW. Also I suspect that PBS has to pay Sesame Workshop to air Seasame Street. Just a minor bit of trivia to set the record straight there. PBS does receive Federal Funds, but not CTW.

All those toys are licensed out to various companies by Sesame Workshop and books are published I believe by Random House.

more - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sesame_Street

And - http://www.pressarchive.net/a.php?id=227403769&n=1&nDoLib=1&ac39=iwqjbqn&z=0&s=&a=&a2=

Maybe it's time for elmo and big bird to cut the cord to PBS.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Maybe it is time the government cut the finncial cords to exxon mobil. Billions of exxon and a few million for PBS, lets wack PBS!

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@kraft-t wrote:

Maybe it is time the government cut the finncial cords to exxon mobil. Billions of exxon and a few million for PBS, lets wack PBS!

It's way PAST time to cut the financial cord to Exxon Mobil.

Highlighted
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?

If the jobs picture is better and its credited to Obama, when it turns down will it be Obama's fault?