cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?

Most honest people are saying that in reality who is in the White House can't really affect the short term job picture much.  If at all.  If they ever have.

What's going on now is that there was a short term improvement and  a whole buttload of idealogues on the out of power side have gone all in, double down on doing everything they can to make sure that people don't give the in power bunch credit.  Which it probably doesn't have coming. 

Technically, they are correct that it isn't to Obama's credit that a little bit better number popped up on the screen.  But instead of simply explaining that, they are saying that the books were cooked, hoping to use that made up piece of dung to politcal advantage. Many of the early on screechers have backed off when called out on it, most particularly Welch.  But that's going essentially unreported.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: didnt see that

did he say that or is that an obamolite lie ????

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

@bruce MN wrote:

Most honest people are saying that in reality who is in the White House can't really affect the short term job picture much.  If at all.  If they ever have.

I agree there, about all they can effect, is to promote policies that foster job growth, or stifle it.  About the only thing the President could do, in the short term, to promote hiring, is to pump money in the economy, as in a stimulus, but the problem with that, is it is a short term fix, for a long-term problem.  Then, there is the stimulus money, that has to be paid back, either by taxing people more, which doesn't help the economy much, or printing more money, which will drive inflation, which will make people's money be worth less.

What's going on now is that there was a short term improvement and  a whole buttload of idealogues on the out of power side have gone all in, double down on doing everything they can to make sure that people don't give the in power bunch credit.  Which it probably doesn't have coming. 

Perfect example, of puting politics ahead of properness.

Technically, they are correct that it isn't to Obama's credit that a little bit better number popped up on the screen.  But instead of simply explaining that, they are saying that the books were cooked, hoping to use that made up piece of dung to politcal advantage. Many of the early on screechers have backed off when called out on it, most particularly Welch.  But that's going essentially unreported.

Actually, I'm willing to give the Obama administration the credit for the better unemployment numbers, as long as he loses it, if it gets revised down.  It is just as partisan, to claim Obama is helping the unemployed, if the unemployment numbers get better, but blame Bush if they get worse.  Personally, by now, I think if one can credit or blame the President, the torch has gone to Obama, for whatever effect a President has on those numbers.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

"Why is it that these guys call a fellow who uses every tax dodge he can get away with and various other things to increase his wealth, a smart business man, but someone who utilizes food stamps to keep from starving, a lazy moocher?"  JS

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

What do you call what everyone here and elsewhere have been giving him for the past 3 years????  High praise???  Good Lord man, you can't give him anything.  Repub businessmen are NOT going to do much of anything  that would give him credit for anything.  I think that includes hiring!

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

It is a mystery, Bart, isn't it! Surprising how single minded some people are.

Highlighted

"Who are these people?"

"They're a$$holes, sir." 

Memorable movie lines, Spaceballs, 1987

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

For the past 3+ years, I have heard just as much, or more 'Bush's fault' than I have 'Obama's fault' on the economy, in spite of the fact, that some time ago, an Obama spokesman said that the Obama administration 'owned the economy'.

I also clearly stated, I'm willing to give him the credit a President deserves for the better unemployment, on several occasions.  If you noticed, I was not one who claimed the numbers were cooked.  I think they report the best numbers they have available, at the time of the report.

As to the businessmen, do you really think that they will NOT take an opportunity to hire more people, and grow their business, and make more profits for themselves, just out of spite to keep Obama from being re-elected?   If that is the case (which I don't belive), maybe we should look into why they are so scared of him.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Why can't you believe something like that?  When the top gop senator states as soon as the election is over that the only objective the gop has is to defeat Obama in 2012, do you not think big business is not behind him on it???

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

How long after Bush was elected, did it take for the Dems to try to make him a one term president? To me, it seems it is just politics as usual, sad as it has become. Also, it's not like the Senator made that announcement on the floor of Congress. It was in a conversation with a political strategist, where that was said, which makes me wonder just how good of hearing Feinstein must have, to have heard it sitting in her chair in Congress.