cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

WOW

I was going to stay out of this argument because it doesn't belong in the marketing forum but I think it is utterly sick that so many would rather see people die than pay a few extra dollars and have universal health care. I live in Canada and a small chunk of my taxes go to healthcare so that everyone in this country has equal access. I would be ashamed to take govt crop subsidies and then deny my neighbour healthcare because he couldn't afford insurance.
18 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: WOW

There is no accounting for some people's ideas! They are the poster children for the "ME" generation!
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

1) the thought that 'people will die' is hype.  NO ONE, regarless of insurance, ability to pay, etc, gets denied needed care.  The law requires all Hospitals to administer any needed care, to anyone, at any time.

2) There are plenty of people who would like a venue, to provide everyone in the US with some form of health coverage, who just don't think that Obamacare is the right way to go about it.  I fall in that group.

3) Onec Obamacare was law, I gave no support for those trying to kill it the way they did.   It passed, it was found Constitutional, right or wrong, it should be followed.   Had I been in charge of the House, I would never allowed such a stand.   Now, what I would have tried to do, was pass a House resolution, fully funding Obamacare, on the condition that either everyone follows the law as written, or everyone gets one more year to enroll without penalty.  
Does it not seem odd to anyone, that McDonald's (among MANY others) got a waiver so they wouldn't be punished for not providing ACA approved policies, but the workers on those policies did not?   Can anyone, anywhere, show me in the actual law, where that is allowed?  I sure don't know of any wording that allows it, yet donate enough campaign money, err....I mean bring forth a sound argument, and you can get a waiver.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

What would you suggest? Did you suggest it to your congressmen? Who isn't mandated to have insurance? Big business was given a one year reprieve because of the complicated problem with their many employees. They will have to be in it next year. They were given that waiver not because it is in the law but because mitigating circumstances dictated it. Much like your side wanted to give everyone a year without doing it and/or defund parts of it, etc. You may not like but as with everyone else against this particular bill all say they think one is needed but just not this one. Yet, they don't come up with an alternative plan.
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

MANY of us are ashamed of those that would rather have Cruz on their Coin than a healthy Baby in the hood.

It really is Sick, but is a mental illness they choose with dumbfounded glee.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Husker-J wrote, "1) the thought that 'people will die' is hype.  NO ONE, regarless of insurance, ability to pay, etc, gets denied needed care.  The law requires all Hospitals to administer any needed care, to anyone, at any time."

This is a common misconception on one key respect and you are technically telling the truth, but consider this: Hospitals are only required to treat someone to a point that a condition is stabalized. If you go into a hospital for example in diabetic shock, sure, they will try and bring you out of it and give you a small amount of meds, but after that you would still have diabetes, no medicine, no doctor and would wind up there again to start the cycle over. If you get cancer, you get stabalized and sent home, probably to die or until you get sick enough to go back to the ER. Look it up - they only stabalize people and if you enter any ER in the US, you will see a sign that says they can't turn you away, but they will only stabalize you. Plus, you get sent a bill that is likely a whopper - it's not free - you just don't have to pay or hav insurance before you get treated.

It's a LOUSY system. Obama Care is better than that. Glad you support sensible negotiations though. The waivers were wrong as you correctly identified. We could have a much better system if we followed our neighbors to the north.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

My local hospital's policy is that indigent E-Room clientele are seen and treated ONLY if they have "LIFE THREATENING" conditions.  i.e substantial bleeding/trauma, or illness which present an imminent threat of death if untreated.   KenJ

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Do you support Romney care in Massachussetts? It's really the same product.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

The diiference being that you are not afraid that some black kid is gonna get something free. They would rather pay more than have others get  a free colonostophe.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

(Do you support Romney care in Massachussetts? It's really the same product.)

Actually there is a huge difference between the two.  Romneycare was put together, approved & implemented by a successful & proven leader; Obamacare was put together, approved & implemented by a disappointing & unsuccessful leader.