Did you mean: 
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Re: WOW

Nice try!

Husker-J
Senior Contributor

I really can't comment on that, as I do not know much for details about Romneycare, but what talking heads have said about it, except for a couple details I found out myself by googling it.
Romneycare in its entirety, was 70 pages long.  How can something 20X+ longer be 'essentially the same thing'?

It goes along with what I said from the start, it is too complex, and too cumbersome.    Why does Obamacare require 1500+ pages, to do essentially the same job Romneycare does in 70?

Husker-J
Senior Contributor

If it is not a 'major' injury, a Hospital can refer others to a clinic.   However, most of the indignant, just wait until the clinic closes, and comes back.   When there is no other place to send them, the hospital MUST treat them, even if it is just a hangnail, or splinter.

Husker-J
Senior Contributor

And after they are stabilized, if they have no insurance, and cannot pay, Medicaid will pay their medical bills.   In fact, you can undergo treatments, and Medicaid will pay your bills back as far as 3 months, if you are poor.

Now, people might have to sell their car, or even their house before that happens, but they will not be dying.

Obama may be a better system than that, time will tell, but I think rather than the 1500+ pages of Obamacare, that no one really understands completely, there are better alternatives.

For example, wouldn't it have been much cheaper, and simpler, to simply provide a fairly high-deductable, basic cover-all insurance?   From that point, you could buy up any kind of suppliment you wanted to.  You could buy yourself down to a $5 deductable, if you wanted to.

If you were a member of the 'working poor', subsidies could help cover the suppliment, so you wouldn't lose your car because you got sick.

If you really had next to nothing, you could skip the suppliment, and Medicaid would cover you.

How could that not work, while at the same time be simpler, and cheaper?

jput
Senior Contributor

obummerCare is a wealth transfer system.    It taps the young and healthy to pay for the older poor who Ma Nature puts the odds of getting sick in increased percentages. 

But having the govt.  in charge of your body means your fate in in their hands.   Eventually there will be no private insurance that the common man will be able to afford.  All there will be is a govt. health care monopoly,  run just as "efficiently" as the post office.

Eventually it runs out of money and health care will be rationed.  A govt. board will determine if you get treatment or maybe "you're just too old to treat,  so here's a couple of pain pills,  go home and die."

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Your mastery of the GOP, Fox-sucker talking points! Congratulations!
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

I think you misread his post. Try it again.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

That was intended for, jput, Don. I did that on my android, and it put it in the wrong place. It was supposed to be way down below.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

This is where is was meant to be, it was supposed to say his mastery of the GOP, Fox suckers talking points is astounding! Believing anything, they say is a fools errand, because they distort, and out right lie, about everything!