cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: I disagree

What direct interests are you refering to?   

Senior Contributor

Re: WW3

I thought you woud have a more intellient answer than that.. 

You generally give more intellient responses.  I would expect that out of BA,20 Red etc but you disappoint me on this one..  

Senior Contributor

Things along the lines of US Embassies, etc.

Senior Contributor

What is Australia's position on the situation?

Of course we are "sympathetic" but not interested in taking a part. It is none of our business and we don't need to rule the world. In fact, I really don't care about Russia taking back their land. But if you think you can provoke me into a argument, good luck comrade.

I just want to remind you how you jump to the aid of every freedom deprived wretch in nowhereastan but all take a deep breath when faced with a conflict with the Russians and Chinese. That is not to say the task is insurmountable but it appears to pose an obstacle because of their apparent strength, unlike the previous altercations.

Old nut job referred to Australia as an easy target. You must understand how you lot wormed your way in here with military bases and spy facilities and subsequently made us a satellite state of the US. Now we can demand your protection!!!

There has to come a time in the future when you guys accept your international decline in the worlds dictatorship. Smothered by debt to the Chinese, Arabs and Germany makes you a bludger on the rest of the world, nothing less. This shoot now ask questions later mentality, a relic from those cowboy days, would make John Wayne smile. I am convinced the day will come when your debt will be defaulted which will destroy any international credibility you had left.

But no. Some right wing loonies in your media still want to fire a few shots across the bow of the Russians and justify it with the perception that the US is not tough enough. Have a few more shots of vodka and cement before you take them on.
Advisor

Not yet, but stick around.

Ukraine, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Spratlys etc. all to a greater or lesser extent part of the Great Game for Oil.

One of the major players is the CEO of an oil company with nuclear missiles (lots of them) that wants to defend and optimize the windfall that's come to him and his compatriots.

The chief opponent is an empire that's been working his peripery for oil and transit routes for 20 years.

Lots of other lesser players in the cast.

The US isn't crazy enough to blow things up (yet). And we assume that Putin is a rational actor, merely seeking to assert his newfound status as the most powerful individual on the planet.

Gee, what could go wrong?

Veteran Advisor

Defending our embassies alone would take a VERY large number of troops.  Don't know where you would put them and their equipment in an embassy.  What about all the corporations with offices overseas and of course, the oil fields that we have interest in? There were periods in our history when someone wanted this country to be an isolationist country but it never worked out that way and it wouldn't now either.

Advisor

here's pretty much the skinny

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/ambroseevans_pritchard/10771069/US-financial-showdown-wit...

Something there for the folks who want to shoot it out at the Bundy Ranch, too, I guess, if you follow some of the subtler leads.

Full Spectrum Dominance about to go head to head with a fairly formidable foe.

Best takeaway, though, is when he suggests that the Spoo isn't going to be at 1850 if all of this plays out.

Corn isn't going to be at 5 either. Outside chance might be at 9 but 3 is a better bet.

Good news, what with 85% of APH and some them "small losses" we're gonna make a pile on this.  Need to bid more on rent.

Senior Contributor

wouldn't last long

USA hasn't won a war in 70 years,want nothing to do with Russia

Advisor

It probably really is too bad that the Republicans stood behind The Cheney administration as steadfastly as they did, virtually assuring the ascendancy of Obama. It affected the Dem nomination as my has it did the general election. The connections got shorted out. The woman would have gladly capitulated. The colored guy didn't have access to the play book and nobody that was tied to the old regime was going to give it to him. He's probably more aware of how f'd up things are than his most ardent critics are. Like it or not we are still hell bent on The Project for New American Century. Any perceived deviations are just rhetoric and window dressing
Senior Advisor