cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox
Advisor

Re: Waaa. I want a parade...

WWI from the American perspective was in many ways similar to Vietnam- similar casualty numbers too- but strong domestic opposition existed and grave disillusionment followed. The returning soldiers got their parade but after that strong isolationist and pacifist sentiments ruled for a couple of decades.

But sure, I'm fine with doing something for the VN and Korea vets but am fairly certain that the VN group in particular will just get used as hostages by the DoD and War Parties to enforce the false cultural narrative that they've been pushing since the last copter took off from the embassy.

The DoD and War Parties lost that war, not our soldiers, but they can count on some majority of vets to happily accept some belated acknowledgment even if they're being used.

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

And let's not forget his beautiful wife - that seems to no longer want to be seen with him - or touched by him - and sleeps in a separate room from the sleazebag so called president that you guys like to hold so dear.  

She knows the score - like MOST of the rest of us do.  You guys refuse to see it.  You refuse to see what this man has spent for PERSONAL ENJOYMENT - after bitching about how much President Obama spent and the vacations Obama took - and THIS GUY has spent more money and had more vacation time in ONE YEAR, than the Obama's did in 8!!!!!!  Doesn't that bother you guys?  Never, ever again do I want to see you guys bitching about how much a Democrat in office has spent.  EVER!!!  Or how bad a Democrat is.....your guys takes the cake...two pieces of it daily...

Tick Tock.....BONGx10!!!!!!!!!!

lnseiler
Senior Contributor

Jen-👍🏼
Blacksandfarmer
Veteran Advisor

Jen, this was about a parade for our vets, NOT about the president. I get it, the only thing you have to cry about is Trump. Find real issues to discuss and maybe the Dems will stand a chance next time. 

BTW, the clock thing makes you sound bat s$$t crazy.

lnseiler
Senior Contributor

Wrong Sandy, this thread was titled “waaa, I want a parade” that the divider in chief wants to stroke his ego. Somewhere it wandered off into a parade for the vets, which isn’t a bad idea, but it’ll never happen because that’s not what the Orange narcissist wants.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-parade-will-lead-republicans-cliff-2-100004961.html
hardnox
Advisor

I suppose that the irony would be lost

on people who didn't live in the VN years and have accepted the standard DoD narrative on VN.

While the VN vets march, on the platform we should have Cadet Bonespurs, Cheney, GWB, WJC. The Bounty Men* won and the dupes get a parade.

John Kerry, who served with distinction, would be banned because he opposed the war following his return and is not a Good Person, according to the many $millions of oil baron dollar spent to discredit him.

I'm not sure what to do with algore, as he walked the finest line, being somewhat in harm's way but being the son of a senior senator probably helped him get in a journalism unit.

*that being the term for the men who paid for replacements to avoid service in the Union Army. In the Confederacy you just needed to own 10 slaves. During VN you needed to stay in college or find a friendly physician who would certify some disqualifying physical condition, like Trump and Rush did.

In GWB's case he did fly a pretty crappy and challenging aircraft in the ANG- the F102.  It was hard to land and the story goes that he got the heebie jeebies when he made some bad landings and that was the reason he went AWOL.

Blacksandfarmer
Veteran Advisor

Re: I suppose that the irony would be lost

Why didn't you serve in Vietnam Nox? In my generation, most did not serve. Im ok with that. I'm just thankful for those thankful for my service. 

hardnox
Advisor

I was born in '56.

Except for career service, which 2 of my brothers did, the service that was offered at the time was pitching in to hold together an institution that was in tatters. That was also an honorable and underappreciated effort by those who did- military service was very unpopular at the time.

Which was my intention- I was accepted to OCS but deferred when my grandfather died before planting that year. That was only by the happenstance that my brothers had obligations they couldn't leave.

hardnox
Advisor

As I've also previously related, getting into OCS at the time required no obvious disqualifying defects such as amputations and being able to fog a mirror.

When I walked into the recruiting office in the basement of the Union the poor guy looked like the Maytag repairman.

That was even more the case at the enlisted level- the biggest problem at the time- but the standards for troops rose pretty steadily from there.

rodgersfarms56
Senior Contributor

I was born in ‘56’ and the draft was over. I did not join because I had other things I wanted to do. Get married, start a family, start a farm. I would like to believe if our country was seriously threatened I would be in line.

If our country ever goes to indentured servitude for the cost to be an American I will denounce the country. What part of “free” do people not understand? If a country cannot inspire enough free men to defend it then it doesn’t deserve to survive.