bruce MN
Advisor

Wanton endangerment

Creative if nothing else. 

17 Replies
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Re: Wanton endangerment

If she was blonde, named Brittany and the officers were black then BA would be calling for the death penalty.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

@bruce MN wrote:

Creative if nothing else. 

That is the way a grand jury that had the evidence saw it. 

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Doesn`t Rand Paul have a bill addressing "no knock searches"?  I think it was unconscionable what happened to the Black woman (I`d have a tough time pronouncing or spelling her name).  The verdict was very predictable from what I`ve heard, because the officers were within the law...goes back to "sloppy legislation" that i`ve railed against and this time the court couldn`t paint over it. 

It`s a bad deal all the way around, but sloppy laws should be changed, NOT shoot 2 police officers and riot.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

Yes there should not be no knock warrants.

But this case wasn't a no knock.

RJG640v8
Advisor

@BA Deere wrote:

(I`d have a tough time pronouncing or spelling her name).  

Bre - onn - a  ,  Tay - lor ,  Breonna Taylor.  I've seen a lot more complicated names than that.  

@BA Deere wrote:

Doesn`t Rand Paul have a bill addressing "no knock searches"?  I think it was unconscionable what happened to the Black woman (I`d have a tough time pronouncing or spelling her name).  The verdict was very predictable from what I`ve heard, because the officers were within the law...goes back to "sloppy legislation" that i`ve railed against and this time the court couldn`t paint over it. 

It`s a bad deal all the way around, but sloppy laws should be changed, NOT shoot 2 police officers and riot.

Yes, a bad deal all the way around.  If time after time after time of inaction and no justice what do you think people will do ?   Nothing works to correct it in the eyes of the oppressed , boiling point has been met.  You have guys on the right , some here that claim they will have a hot war if their guy doesn't get re-elected...

These people of color are being killed for no and iffy reasons. Walk in those shoes and you might talk different.   

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

I can make that case in my own mind.

The problem is that the law probably doesn't have the capacity to hold the people who are actually responsible accountable.

That would be whoever trumped up the evidence for the warrant, and maybe even the judge who rubber stamped it.

There are cases for no knock warrants- like if you are raiding the home of a Russian (whoever's paying) agent who has been attacking out institutions for 50 years and had recently attacked our nation- you didn't want him destroying evidence.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

RG,  so Blacks weren`t shot by cops during the Obama administration, why didn`t they riot then?  These riots don`t have anything to do with justice and everything to do with politically protesting the President.

Louisville has a Democrat mayor, Jefferson county is represented by Democrats, the state laws were passed by democrats and the cops in question hired by Democrats.  Perhaps a change in leadership at the local level is in order?   Change leaders and laws, don`t murder police officers.

Kurt#1
Senior Contributor

@BA Deere wrote:

RG,  so Blacks weren`t shot by cops during the Obama administration, why didn`t they riot then?  These riots don`t have anything to do with justice and everything to do with politically protesting the President.

Louisville has a Democrat mayor, Jefferson county is represented by Democrats, the state laws were passed by democrats and the cops in question hired by Democrats.  Perhaps a change in leadership at the local level is in order?   Change leaders and laws, don`t murder police officers.

bingo

Democrat mayors and governors message:
“Protect and serve” has been replaced with “Tweet and retreat.”

RJG640v8
Advisor

@BA Deere wrote:

be that as it may ....

Trump's  world now and has been. Authoritarian rhetoric , racist ramblings and much more keeps feeding the fire. A wink and a nod at this being acceptable really is a problem.  Remember , those suburbs value will decline ...