Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmilligan1958g
Senior Contributor

Re: Wanton endangerment

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

In this link is the whole exchange from the 911 call received to the detainment...it`s kind of interesting.  A lady with a Spanish accent made the call and was concerned, she thought the home was vacant (which it was awhile) .  The officers were very courteous and professional.  Neighbors are supposed to look after one another, I still see signs around "If you see something, say something" call the cops and have them check it out. 

In the suburbs if there`s a vacant home and a Mayflower moving van comes in and a family with kids and a dog start occupying the home, that is not suspicious.  Young males in a neighborhood of families ...i`m sorry is suspicious .  Those selling drugs and are in gangs are mostly young Black males and many are proud of that, even if they are actually harmless, they like the street cred.

Do we want cops that do their job or don`t we?  As a cop you kiss your wife (or husband) and kids goodbye and you don`t know if you`ll make it home for supper.  The call comes in that a couple yound black males are in a what`s thought to be vacant home.  They have to take the call and they have to protect the public and try to make it home after their shift for 6:00 supper.

Everybody needs to just take the damned chips off their shoulders and be reasonable.

https://news.yahoo.com/wisconsin-black-man-falsely-arrested-194757484.html

RJG640v8
Senior Contributor

@BA Deere wrote:

In this link is the whole exchange from the 911 call received to the detainment...it`s kind of interesting.  A lady with a Spanish accent made the call and was concerned, she thought the home was vacant (which it was awhile) .  The officers were very courteous and professional.  Neighbors are supposed to look after one another, I still see signs around "If you see something, say something" call the cops and have them check it out. 

In the suburbs if there`s a vacant home and a Mayflower moving van comes in and a family with kids and a dog start occupying the home, that is not suspicious.  Young males in a neighborhood of families ...i`m sorry is suspicious .  Those selling drugs and are in gangs are mostly young Black males and many are proud of that, even if they are actually harmless, they like the street cred.

Do we want cops that do their job or don`t we?  As a cop you kiss your wife (or husband) and kids goodbye and you don`t know if you`ll make it home for supper.  The call comes in that a couple yound black males are in a what`s thought to be vacant home.  They have to take the call and they have to protect the public and try to make it home after their shift for 6:00 supper.

Everybody needs to just take the damned chips off their shoulders and be reasonable.

https://news.yahoo.com/wisconsin-black-man-falsely-arrested-194757484.html

so just bust in , no knock , weapons drawn. On a suspicion based on race. They were guilty before they were innocent. Who rented it to them ? did they check them out ?  Maybe a little investigation before the incident would have been helpful. Do a drive by , assess ,  run the plates on vehicles in the driveway , look up (easily done) the owner of said property , contact them , did they rent the place ?   What are the new tenants names ? run the new tenants through the system see if  they have priors or warrants. Then act accordingly. Would have taken 30 minutes or less to do those preliminary checks.  Who will pay the settlement that is now coming ? Taxpayers , not the Police Union, not the over zealous Officers , taxpayers. 

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Handcuffed and held at gunpoint because they moved into a 'white' neighbourhood.

That is the root of the problem that anyone would think there are 'white' neighbourhoods  or police pulling over a high end car because the driver had dark skin pigment 

I think there is a saying about being guilty of being black.

That is racism.

r3020
Senior Advisor

It was a spanish neighborhood and a spanish lady who called the police.

elcheapo
Veteran Advisor

An unarmed women shot to

Death.

And you people see nothing

Wrong.

Fools

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

1. Police protocols say shoot first and ask questions later because Blue Lives Matter Most. 

2. I don't know what roles those officers played in the events that led up to those events but the people (may be them, in part or entirely, I don't know) and system that created that situation are responsible*.

3. If cops kicked down a trailer door in Hooterville and somebody reasonably fired off a shot and got a hail of gunfire in return, the Usual Suspects would make the victims into martyrs. They would not riot. They'd seethe and create chaos and violence in different ways.

*Louisville acknowledged that by paying out $12M of the taxpayers' money. 

r3020
Senior Advisor

Canuck is talking about a different case Einstein.