cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OKdon
Senior Contributor

War Tax

Congressmen Dave Obey wisconsin , Jack Murtha of pensylvania and Jim Mcgovern of massachusetts are sponsering legislation to assess a Sir Tax to pay for the war in Iraq. Low income folks will be taxed 2% of their income and higher income folks will be assessed 12-14%.

I guess that would indicate how serious the american public is about going to war. I think this ought to be an automatic requirement before we engage in foreign military activity. Folks send your sons and daughter to war and include a check to pay for the effort. A constitutional admendment specifying this would keep us out of a lot of wars of choice.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/10/02/democrats.war.tax/index.html?iref=nextin

6 Replies
Samnospam
Advisor

Re: War Tax

All for it, but only for wars declared by congress. In fact break out every government program and have each tax assessed individually, and everyone sent a quarterly bill instead of withholding. Let the people know what they are paying for.
r3020
Senior Advisor

@OKdon wrote:

Congressmen Dave Obey wisconsin , Jack Murtha of pensylvania and Jim Mcgovern of massachusetts are sponsering legislation to assess a Sir Tax to pay for the war in Iraq. Low income folks will be taxed 2% of their income and higher income folks will be assessed 12-14%.

I guess that would indicate how serious the american public is about going to war. I think this ought to be an automatic requirement before we engage in foreign military activity. Folks send your sons and daughter to war and include a check to pay for the effort. A constitutional admendment specifying this would keep us out of a lot of wars of choice.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/10/02/democrats.war.tax/index.html?iref=nextin

Jack Murtha is dead.

OKdon
Senior Contributor

Re: Sorry folks!

This link was dated back to 2007 and i assumed it was current. My apologies but i still think the sir tax would prevent a lot of foreign entanglements

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

its called a "surtax".

So you got the timeframe wrong, the name wrong, and the congressmen wrong...but hey, you did get the " tax " part right.

Polaris Racer
Senior Contributor

Dave Obey has been long gone aswell. Kraft must be living in the past.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Your missing the point, Don, has lived them is all! Way to go, DON!!

If you guys don't change your ways, he'll out live you too!! LOL!!