cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OKdon
Senior Contributor

War against Islamic terrorists

Such a shame that Obama don't recognize them for who they are. He is right. It should not be a war against 2 billion muslims even though the so called  "christians" might want it to be. Yeah lets have a worldwide religious war."

General Wesley Clark say that is exactly the wrong decision.  The terrorists want the people to think we are at war with all muslims.That earns the public and monetary support from the muslim people. Who might think the terrorists are actually warrier that are protecting the interest of the muslim faith.

ISIS is not religious. In fact mostly the leadership of ISIS is comprised of former military officers of Saddam Hussein. The republican guard of yester year were hardly religious fanatics. But they sure do like muslim support rather than muslim opposition. And they prefer that the islamic religion considers their lawless acts to be acts of islamic patriots. 

yeah! obama and clark are smarter than you!

37 Replies
KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Re: War against Islamic terrorists

I honestly cannot find a good reason to call these people Islamic Terrorists or Muslim Terrorists or Radical Muslims. They are just terrorists and radicals. Would there be a reason for us to call Tim McVey a radical Christian Terrorist? What about all those white school shooters? Do we call them Christian School Shooter Terrorists? The heart of this matter is that there are some people that want to continue the crusade mentality and wipe the Muslim heretics away. There is no other rational other than a desire on the part of some people to make this a holy war.

I would entertain thoughts on why identifying specific terrorists by their religion is important to us knowing who they are and generally where they are. I would also want to know how identifing they that way would help us defeat them.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@KNAPPer wrote:

I honestly cannot find a good reason to call these people Islamic Terrorists or Muslim Terrorists or Radical Muslims. They are just terrorists and radicals. Would there be a reason for us to call Tim McVey a radical Christian Terrorist? What about all those white school shooters? Do we call them Christian School Shooter Terrorists? The heart of this matter is that there are some people that want to continue the crusade mentality and wipe the Muslim heretics away. There is no other rational other than a desire on the part of some people to make this a holy war.

I would entertain thoughts on why identifying specific terrorists by their religion is important to us knowing who they are and generally where they are. I would also want to know how identifing they that way would help us defeat them.

It is they who call themselves islamic and state their goal is an islamic caliphate.

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Nether you nor I could pronounce what they call themselves. What do the people who are not Islamic call themselves and should they be lumped in with the terrorists just because of their religion? If you answered yes, it is because you approve of a holy war. This isn't about them anyway. It's about what Obama calls them.

ihmarty543282
Senior Contributor

Those of us here on the right are lumped daily into ....child haters, kkk, woman haters, racists, school shooters, Christian crusaders from a thousand yrs ago....................are we all that way?

Of course you aren't.  That's the point.

But much of that is true regarding certain associations. Seldom disclaimed.

ihmarty543282
Senior Contributor

You guys speak out of both sides of your mouths...........Call us all like the KKK in one post and the next post says  "Of course you aren`t"............. then double down on it?

I wasn't aware tnat there had been any clubs formed here.  Where'd you sign up?

The associations I referred to are self aquired, via personal identification.

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Of course you are not all that way. In my original post, I said "some people" strictly to avoid accusing any political body of anything.

"...there are some people that want to continue the crusade mentality...."

The GOP caucuses and primaries are seemingly just around the corner, and it's likely this ISIS thing won't go away by then.  What would you prefer that your aspitrants for Senate Seats and the Presidency call theses terrorists?